RC poster

Question Newbie Slash Owner - Battery Balance Question

Hello All, l'm new to this site and the RC Car world. Just been tinkering with a CP heli (****) for a while but want something for outside.
    Sorry for a newbie question.

I just bought a slash 4x4 ultimate with LiPo. It's still in the post but hoping will be with me before weekend.

I already have a Swallow AC/DC charger which is LiPo capable but do not have a balancer. What is a suitable and cheap balancer to invest in? Otherwise how do l charge each cell with the Swallow?

The Slash comes with a charger that charges through the Tap. Is this any good or is the separate balancer with my Swallow better?

Thanks

RC Racer
    The charger that comes with the model will definitely work, but will charge slow and take a while. I'm not familiar with the Swallow charger you have. I would recommend purchasing a Venom Pro charger off eBay. It is capable of charging 2s-6s lipos, from 0.1-5.0 amps. It will come with power supply all the charge leads you would ever need and the balance board. You can get it off ebay for 69.99 with free shipping. I ordered one not too long ago and love it.. I've had other lipo balance chargers and this one is the best i've owned.

Hope that helped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitec-44173-...item2c6a8a68b8

Is the balancer that I use with my charger. My Hyperion didn't come with the balancer attachment so I got the one in the link. It works great and I can put it on the battery while I am running it to test the voltage at any time. If you have a quality charger and just need a balancer, I recommend the one in the link.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC poster

Angry

Looks like l won't be needing a balancer anytime soon.

My slash didn't arrive and l've been scammed on eBay....... The fun begins !

Reckon l'll get one from my LHS when PayPal gets my money back to me.

Cheers
    Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by FowlerVF View Post

Cheers
    Duncan
    That's terrible
    Hope everything works out
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FowlerVF View Post

Cheers
    Duncan
    That sucks, ppl are scum, hope you can get your $ back

RC Qualifier
    I got mine from my LHS and they opened it and showed me basic stuff. Nice guys. PM Hobbycraft S.E., Calgary, Alberta, Canada.