RC Enthusiast

Help Needed - Full FLM E-Maxx Build

Hey Traxxas World,

Ok, so I know there seem to be a bunch of FLM build threads on here, but I need your guys help...

I am about to start a FLM Maxx build, but as I think has been mentioned on here before, I'm a newb to all this, and was hoping I could track down something along the lines of a tutorial or instructions on the whole process? Anybody know if something like this exists on the net?

I've tried to look through all the threads, but can't seem to find the "Idiots guide to building an FLM E-Maxx" which is pretty much what I need...

I'm currently running a EMBE which started life out as a regular Maxx, and got a Brushless conversion,( Hobbywing Xerun System ) and has since coming into my posession had RPM plastics all round,( Front arms and True Track Rear ) Traxxas Steel CVD's, INtegy Puiggyback Shocks etc fitted...

I currently have the following parts from FLM, and will be stripping everything off the current Maxx to fit to the FLM version, if possible.

1 x 3905 Extended Chassis / FLM 10900 ◦
    1 x Bulkhead Braces Front & Rear / FLM 11000 ◦
    1 x FLM Bulkhead Hinge Pin (Steel) / FLM 14500 ◦
    1 x Rear Skid Plate / FLM 15500 ◦
    1 x Front Skid Plate / FLM 15600 ◦
    2 x Adjustable Shock Tower / FLM 19000 ◦
    1 x Ultimate Front Hybrid Bulk, FLM17750 ◦
    1 x Ultimate Rear Hybrid Bulk / FLM 18750

I also have 2 x new Savox SC-1256TG servos I'll be fitting...

So, does the mythical " Idiots Guide to an E-Maxx FLM Build" exist? Or am I dreaming?
    If you were to give all the above to a complete newbie ( who has some brains, and access to my buddy, who is a pretty handy mechanical guy ) and needed to give them some form of instruction in the form of a manual, web forum thread, video etc,step by step intruction, anything, what would you give them, cause thats what I need...

Bear in mind I'm in South Africa, with a very limited LHS, who take weeks to do anything, so I don't have the advantage alot of you guys do of ordering something I need, and having it arrive in a few days... shipping to SA is hellishly expensive, and takes a loooong time.... so I have to consolidate orders as much as possible alot of the time.

So maybe I'm asking alot here, but thought it was worth a bash.... please feel free to tell me to bugger off and do some more intraweb searching, if thats what I deserve, but y'all have been massivly helpful in the past with my newbie questions and such... hope you can help again!

Mad respect and thanks in advance from Cape Town.

Dre

there's no step by step thread that i know of for a FLM E-Maxx. However, there are tons of FLM threads that chronicle people's builds.one of the best around is Popoxx's e-maxx. This thread covers his whole build from A-Z, but isn't a step by step. it's all there, but he's also doing other mods in the thread. his FLM chassis swap starts at page 5, but you'll also want to read the 4 pages before that because he has alot of good info there too.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ics-and-lists)

here are a few others...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...s-build-thread!

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-FLM-RPM-build

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...3908-FLM-Build

that should start you in the right direction.
    I've built a half a dozen of these FLM and Gorillamaxx trucks, and if you ever have any questions, you can always PM me. I check my messages everyday. These builds can be tricky, but there are enough guys who have built these in the past, that one of us will always be able to guide you through the process if you get stuck. Good Luck!
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Enthusiast
    Legend stuff vxlrocket, massively appreciated!!!

No doubt I'll be sending you a PM or two, and others who have offered help in the past so kindly.... Thanks for grouping all those threads together for me, makes my life a ton easier...

I think maybe what I should do is shoot pics of every step I do on my build, so that at least afterwards there will be an existing " Idiots guide to FLM E-Maxx" somewhere on the intraweb!!! :-)

Many Thanks mate, and mad respect from the Dark Continent!

Have one of these:

Cheers
    Dre

Sweet, let us know how it goes broer!!! Must be a fairly costly exercise for you paying in Rands. Good luck with it mate...it will be well worth it. I've completed my build now, its going sweet...
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    Shot Craig.... Ja bru I can tell its not a cheap exercise!!! But really enjoying it none the less.... I have not made the mistake of actually adding everything I've spent so far up, cause if I did i would kak myself I reckon!!!

Going slowly on the FLM build, just trying to get as much info together as possible, and all the bits and pieces I may need, so all these threads have helped a bunch... I will PM you okes a bunch of questions when I have them all together...

I've got a Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 as well, which I've been working on as a "trial run" almost as its ALOT simpler, and has just been upgrades and fixes here and there ( new ESC and Motor, fried both the originals!!! ;-( ) and Servo Saver, Servo, new Pinion and Spur upgrades etc.... its been a nice training platform for a complete newbie like me, and its an epic truck too so at least I have a running truck while the Maxx is in build mode...

Got some awesome Imex StepDawgs on Maximizer Beadlocks coming for it too, should look sick, and kick up the dirt like a beast!! :-)

RC Champion
    I pretty much just finished my project black and blue E-maxx. The best advice I can give you is to do your homework before you buy stuff. Buy the better stronger parts first so you dont wish you did later. Shop around for the cheapest prices. I got most of my parts on e-bay. good luck and have fun with it. and if you have any trouble im shore someone on here can help you figure it out. I was new to building an e-maxx and learned a boatload of info on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    Shot Craig.... Ja bru I can tell its not a cheap exercise!!! But really enjoying it none the less.... I have not made the mistake of actually adding everything I've spent so far up, cause if I did i would kak myself I reckon!!!

Going slowly on the FLM build, just trying to get as much info together as possible, and all the bits and pieces I may need, so all these threads have helped a bunch... I will PM you okes a bunch of questions when I have them all together...

I've got a Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 as well, which I've been working on as a "trial run" almost as its ALOT simpler, and has just been upgrades and fixes here and there ( new ESC and Motor, fried both the originals!!! ;-( ) and Servo Saver, Servo, new Pinion and Spur upgrades etc.... its been a nice training platform for a complete newbie like me, and its an epic truck too so at least I have a running truck while the Maxx is in build mode...

Got some awesome Imex StepDawgs on Maximizer Beadlocks coming for it too, should look sick, and kick up the dirt like a beast!! :-)
    Lekker Bru...geniet dit. Post pics when you are done!!!
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    I recently finished my flm build but I'm continuing on now with more upgrades from unlimited engineering. I don't know of a guide but I found threads on here, rcmonster, beatyour truck amd rctech that helped me out with the build. I guess I would need specific questions to help your further.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I recently finished my flm build but I'm continuing on now with more upgrades from unlimited engineering. I don't know of a guide but I found threads on here, rcmonster, beatyour truck amd rctech that helped me out with the build. I guess I would need specific questions to help your further.
    Thanks mate... busy putting together w full list of what I've got, where I'm at, and then will start posting up exact questions etc with regards to what I still need and such... as I mentioned at the beginning of the thread, I am in South AFrica, so need to order 99% of the stuff, which is pricey cause shipping and a really bad excahnge hurts, so want to try make one big order instead of half a dozen small ones...

Thanks again.