RC Qualifier

stampede 4x4 compared to....

.... merv?

Would appreciate your thoughts on comparing the two, not necessarily which is 'better' but what i might need to consider if adding one to the collection. I'm interested in handling, maintaining and size issues mainly and would appreciate your input especially if you have owned both. Cheers...

RC Qualifier
    apples to oranges man not even in the same ball park and i have both

RC Qualifier
    Had a merv and sold it. It was fun on the road and dirt. Easy to take places. But it was awful in the grass and rough terrain. I had to upgrade a lot of part to get it were I wanted it. Didn't like using two batteries ( yes you can use one but still ).
    Maintenance, the Stampede has maybe slightly more. But not bad at all.
    The Stampede handles way better. More durable. Easier to work on. And go pretty much go any where.
    The Merv is a good little car, but its just very limited. Very happy with my Stampede 4x4!
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC poster
    I have a pede now.. had a merv..they are both cool.. but my pede definitely handles more than my merv could.. yes it takes a lot of upgrades to get it there..but once its there.. nothing can hang..it can raid the streets and tackle very rough deep grass terrain.much more stable than the merv at speed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I own both and really like both. It is hard to make a comparison because of the size difference. If I could have only one it would be the Stampede but the MERV is a lot of fun for me and for me at least it has been very durable and only asked for minimal upgrades.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Same here. Mine are both powered up a bit and I like both a lot. I'd say the Pede is the more durable of the two. It's just that I need a bit more room for the Pede to move around. Somewhere around 1.6 times as much
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Racer
    Pede is more durable, easier to work on. The merv a pain to work in and brakes often
    Pede is more fun off pavement but the merv is better on pavement
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Same here. Mine are both powered up a bit and I like both a lot. I'd say the Pede is the more durable of the two. It's just that I need a bit more room for the Pede to move around. Somewhere around 1.6 times as much
    i see what you did there
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Qualifier
    Stampede has longer run time, half hr with ok batteries. Hardly have to go flip over a stampede. Takes big jumps better. Don't have to pick dirt out of the spur every run offroad. Can swap parts and make it a road car. Merv is fun on my backyard techical dirt track, but the stampede is much better in large areas and gets used allot more. Get one!

RC Champion
    It's easier to catch the merv in the air than the pede!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by braaap58 View Post
    Stampede has longer run time, half hr with ok batteries.
    Put two 2500mAh SPCs in a stock Merv and you definately will drive longer.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Cheers guys, good to have a perspective from those in the know, and as the stampede is the best rc i've got, it's good to use that as a reference point. Although, i can't see myself preferring another rc whatever i get, i'm faithful!! Struggling to decide between a merv or a brushless 1/10 buggy to spice things up. decisions, decisions...