RC poster

Breaking Rear Half Shafts

I have a mini Revo, all stock. I am running lipo 2s. I just got it 5 days ago (used) and have broke 4 half shafts, all on the right side. I have replaced it with the factory replacement. Any ideas how to keep this from happening or repair ideas?

RC Qualifier
    TRA7151x. Steel Shafts. ONLY BUY TRAXXAS ONES! Those are so much better than Integy.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC poster
    Ok, thanks. It just seems strange that I'm having this problem and I'm all stock. I can understand breaking a couple, but I've broke 4 in 6 runs.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Loosen up your slipper clutch

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Loosen up your slipper clutch
    +1

I am running 2 and even 3S on stock shafts without issue.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Thanks guys. I had 2 hard runs with no problems after adjusting the slipper clutch. I'm just getting started, so I appreciate the help.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you found a good place for that!

RC Champion
    If your slipper is properly adjusted you shouldn't have any problems with the stock drive shafts. I run strictly 3S with a MMP and NEU 1110/1Y motor and finally had to replace a drive shaft recently after almost 3 months of constant abuse.

Don't be afraid to loosen it up a bit more, it's better to have it slightly loose than a little too tight.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Competitor
    Loosening the slipper clutch also saves ring gears/pinions, etc. Last year when we got the Summit and took it into the hobby shop, the guys there really tightened the slipper clutch down. We lost both diffs shortly thereafter. We now adjust our own.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RCinSC View Post
    Loosening the slipper clutch also saves ring gears/pinions, etc. Last year when we got the Summit and took it into the hobby shop, the guys there really tightened the slipper clutch down. We lost both diffs shortly thereafter. We now adjust our own.
    Exactly, I'm still on my original diffs and have been beating on my MERV all summer running only 3S. I did shim them before the truck was ever driven and they've been going strong for about 3.5 months.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.