RC poster

Question Slash 1/16 loose axle carriers?

I have been having trouble with my slash 1/16 axle carriers being very loose I have tightened them but later learned that i needed to loosen them because the pillow balls were so tight the servo could not turn the wheels. I have upgraded the axle carriers to rpm and they are worse than the stock axle carriers. I was wondering if there was a way to fix this or something I could get to fix this problem.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Hot Racing, GPM, or Golden Horizons.
    They all make a decent knuckle.
    Aluminum is the way to go on this part.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I never had problems with the rpm when they were new. Best way to adjust them is take the toe link off and make very small adjustments at a time, turn the carrier back and forth keep tightening until you feel it bind then back off a little

gpm or gh

rpm and hr have horrible knuckles

This debate never seems to go away. RPM knuckles have worked really well for the two Revos in this house. They cost a fraction of what aluminum knuckles cost and we have had zero issues with them. To each their own I guess I typically prefer aluminum knuckles but on the MERV the RPM knuckles have worked very well for us.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Throw the RPMs in the trash and buy GH or GPM. I had RPM for about a month before I couldn't take anymore pillow balls popping out and literally put the stockers back on until my GHs came in!!
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Competitor
    We are running the 7033X screws on a summit in the front and RPM in the rear to test. We had to replace the pillow balls recently on the right front as they got chewed up a little from the dirt. Our next upgrade will be to the titanium pillow balls. Aluminum is normally heavier than the plastic and keeping unsprung weight low helps high speed handling in general. No problems with the RPMs in the rear after many hours. If the fronts really look like a bad test, we will probably try the GH next for the Summit up front and put the RPMs(assuming they keep holding up) on the Slash. All of these require good adjustment of course, to begin with. Disappointed to hear HR knuckles aren't that good.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The titanium balls have been proven to be weaker than that stock steel...
    50togo tried them out and they all broke or bent beyond being usable.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    The titanium balls have been proven to be weaker than that stock steel...
    50togo tried them out and they all broke or bent beyond being usable.
    Maybe what we need is a good teflon coated pillow ball?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    On all my metal parts I use Sullivan's dry ice. Goes on wet and leaves behind a Teflon coating!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    On all my metal parts I use Sullivan's dry ice. Goes on wet and leaves behind a Teflon coating!
    Dupont has a Teflon spray that goes on wet and then dries up nicely afterwards, I use it quite a bit for different things.

Last edited by airmaxx23; 10-03-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.