RC Enthusiast

3.3 gearing question

ive got my NS with a 3.3 in it and im repairing everything ive broke from the last time i drove it , . , i had a 20t/70t gearing on and litterally did a standing back flip if i gave it throttle so i stepped up to a 24t/70t gearing ( was going to get a 22t but LHS was sold out ) anyways after the 24t/70t setup it still does wheelies like crazy ( from a dead stop and while gaining speed it just pops up ) , it almost seems like i didnt change anything to begin with , was thinking about going with a 68t but i dont want to totally kill my low end because i do alot of off road and hill climbing with it but i want to be able to keep my front wheels on the ground , what do you guys think ?

RC Champion
    You should post this in the section for whatever truck you have.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Enthusiast
    if a mod could move this over to the nitro sport section that would be awsome , thanks guys

RC Enthusiast
    also got a question about the stock pipe , any way to mod the stocker ? , after cleaning it today i cracked open the pipe and theres a baffle type thing in there with a few smaller holes , i imagine its to create some back pressure but was wondering if i would notice anything by pulling it out of there ?

the 3.3 is such a light car like the sport putting a 68t spur you still wont see the wheelies gone unless you go to like 26/68 or 24/66 you have a little more control on them but sometimes you just have to put up with the wheelies and learn better throttle control because going too high on gearing will increase the temps on the motor.

about your exhaust pipe get a traxxas resonator pipe like the 4tec or the jato single chamber pipe, you will increase power and airflow and have a slight bit more power in the mid section of your ride. look up jrc/jennys rc sports on ebay great prices.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Getting the sport or the rusty to stop doing wheelies is almost not achievable. I stretched my chassis 1 1/2 inches to try to get the wheelies to stop. It still does wheelies. Like Mike Said, Throttle control and high gearing. As far as the pipe goes. I have been using THS pipes for years. I wouldnt use anything else. The THS pipe for the 4-tech will increase top speed. The one for the Jato increases bottom end. Only differnce between the 2 is the length of the header. 4-tech header is shorter. They do make a pipe that is rustler specific. Same long header as the jato. But the hole in the stinger is smaller. Its good as well but the jato pipe is much better for increased bottom to mid range power. The one for the rustler is mid to high. The pipe for the 4-tech is all top end.

RC Enthusiast
    Well one thing I did for the NS was to move the battery to the center of the car in front of the tank. Seamed to work for me. Just an idea.