RC Racer

Going from a "stored" LiPo to wanting to drive with it. And other ??'s

1. I understand that if I'm not going to use my LiPo batteries for a few days, they should have a "storage" charge. But what if I decide if I want to go out and play? Just pop it in the car and go or do I need to throw it back on the charger for a little while first?

2. My son and I usually drive our Stampedes every other day. Occasionally they will go as long as five days between use. On the days they're used every other day, should we charge them right away, the day before or that day? For example, If we use them on a Sunday, but dont plan on using then agian until Tuesday. Is it OK to run them Sunday until the ESC cuts them off then recharge them Monday evening? Or should we recharge them after we use them?

3. Also will I notice a difference going from 3300 mAh NiMH to a 7600 mAh 2S LiPo? Since we just got our Stampedes about a month ago, we're content with how fast it goes for now. We're mainly looking for longevity.

Thank you,

RC Champion
    I cant speak to the storage question but the Mah rating is the size of your "Fuel tank". If you go from 3300 to 7600, you're more than doubling your fuel tank and increasing your run time as much. You're speed only changes with gearing and/or voltage.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    I cant speak to the storage question but the Mah rating is the size of your "Fuel tank". If you go from 3300 to 7600, you're more than doubling your fuel tank and increasing your run time as much. You're speed only changes with gearing and/or voltage.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Currently we're getting 25-30 miuntes from the 3300. An hour from the 7600 would be great. Hopefully they're here before the weekend.

RC poster
    Like you my schedule does not allow me to run em everyday. I put mine in storage mode whenever I'm done with the runs and balance charge them back to full before we run.

There should be a noticable difference in power delivery if you run a half charged pack vs with full charge as the voltage is lower on the storage charged pack.

But there is no harm in running them down to low voltage cut off from the storage charge. Just remember to put them back in storage charge after the run.

RC Qualifier
    Everyone freaks out about lipos and storage, a few days is fine a few month is different, I have fully charged my packs and left them for a week then used, no issues. Use storage if you won't use for over a month
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

Quote Originally Posted by Dgb007 View Post
    Everyone freaks out about lipos and storage, a few days is fine a few month is different, I have fully charged my packs and left them for a week then used, no issues. Use storage if you won't use for over a month
    No, follow the directions the your battery manufacturer lists. There is a reason for them.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =