Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Thank you. I just looked on there web site I see the 14mm hexs but it does not say if there for 5mm or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    strc does make the hexes for stampede 2 an 4 wd and slayer i got out of nitro about 5 years ago but i would buy what you are building my freind that is one bad car

RC Qualifier
    Its saturday Nite and I just finished it up. Tomorow is the big day for a test drive

RC Qualifier
    Heres whats left of my electric funny car

RC Racer
    Nice looking build, I hope it performs the way you anticipate. Keep us posted with todays results.

RC Qualifier
    Works incredible, goes straight couldn't ask for anything better. It works better then when it was electric. The main reason for that is I have total adjustabilty with toe in and out castor camber and a few other tricks to make it go straight and fast. Also it's a solid rear end no suspension. It works so good im going to build a another one and install the same brushless motor it came with and battery pack and try it. I havent set up my DTS yet, so I cant tell you any et but I do have gps and in 165 feet from a dead stop I went the best of 70 mph. That was with the Good Year tires wich I dont have a handle yet on gearing and clutch set up. I feel with the anacondas I'm going to see around 74 mph. Now before everybody gets all crazy I'm running a super ported modifed traxxas 3.3 on 40% nitro. It's makeing insane power. It makes so much power on my first launch I strip the hubs rite out of the center of the wheels and broke a axel. The weight was 3lbs 14 ounces with body at the time of the test. More results to come
    Quote Originally Posted by mattster1971 View Post
    Nice looking build, I hope it performs the way you anticipate. Keep us posted with todays results.
    Last edited by slayer17; 10-14-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Have a video and GPS? Would love to see it run.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    Works incredible, goes straight couldn't ask for anything better. It works better then when it was electric. The main reason for that is I have total adjustabilty with toe in and out castor camber and a few other tricks to make it go straight and fast. Also it's a solid rear end no suspension. It works so good im going to build a another one and install the same brushless motor it came with and battery pack and try it. I havent set up my DTS yet, so I cant tell you any et but I do have gps and in 165 feet from a dead stop I went the best of 70 mph. That was with the Good Year tires wich I dont have a handle yet on gearing and clutch set up. I feel with the anacondas I'm going to see around 74 mph. Now before everybody gets all crazy I'm running a super ported modifed traxxas 3.3 on 40% nitro. It's makeing insane power. It makes so much power on my first launch I strip the hubs rite out of the center of the wheels and broke a axel. The weight was 3lbs 14 ounces with body at the time of the test. More results to come
    Congratulations! Want to see the finished racer without body , couple pics all around.

RC Qualifier
    Thank You. LOL do you want the cad drawings to.
    Congratulations! Want to see the finished racer without body , couple pics all around.
    Last edited by slayer17; 10-14-2012 at 06:42 PM.

RC Qualifier
    ok here you go

RC Racer
    Nice. I don't need the cads thanks lol. I wish I had the equipment available to do those things. Nice stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you. I have been working on this every spare min I have had in the past few weeks. I'm realy exsited about the performance and how it works. I have made sevral changes to it before I even tested it. Now I tested it for the first time and I see what it is doing, I'm going to make few more changes and it will be as good as it can get. This weekend I'm hoping to get video of it running and I will post it.
    Nice. I don't need the cads thanks lol. I wish I had the equipment available to do those things. Nice stuff.

Looks Very nice, nice work..... ... Are you using the same 3.3 you had sent to RB? Or is this another modd'd mill?
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Qualifier
    Thank you. I did the engine for the funny car. The RB is still in my Jato still running strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Looks Very nice, nice work..... ... Are you using the same 3.3 you had sent to RB? Or is this another modd'd mill?

RC Qualifier
    Heres what happens when you go 82 mph with a anaconda. I went to my local airport and installed a pair of anacondas on the funny can and ran it on this long road they have. Probly easy 1/4 mile in length I ran it. I let this thing go and all of a suden it sounded like fire cracker going off and the car crashed into the woods. Thank god nothing major was broke. The body realy saved it. The only thing that broke was the front bulk head and I bent the front tie bar that goes acrooss. It took my friend and I a hour and half to find the gps that flew out of it. I also checked my data recorder and that also said 82 mph. On the G meter is showed it pulled negitive 30gs on the crash. Im not sure how accurate that is but thats what it said.

Wow, glad nothing was hurt in the crash! (execpt the tire of course) I want to see a video of it running!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Makes me want to build one lol

RC Qualifier
    Im hoping this weekend for videos. Nobody local had the parts so I had to order them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Wow, glad nothing was hurt in the crash! (execpt the tire of course) I want to see a video of it running!

RC Qualifier
    The cars looking good. I can't wait to see the video.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

No doubt, video is a must

Cant wait.

Now if you could figure out a way to maintain the staging features that would be amazeballs.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    I can have everything but reverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    No doubt, video is a must

Cant wait.

Now if you could figure out a way to maintain the staging features that would be amazeballs.

I can have everything but reverse.
    /jawdrops

Cant wait

RC Racer
    Wow that's a bunch of Gs, you are lucky that the damage wasn't worse at that speed. Those tires are soft compound, the only way they would work is if you taped the interior and glued them yourself to minimize the ballooning.
    Last edited by mattster1971; 10-16-2012 at 08:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I have tried the tape deal but it was always been out of balance and I lost speed and rpms with that. Maybe I didn't do it correctly. The tape job worked kept them from balloning real tall but like I said just lost rpms and speed from the vibration and being out of ballance
    Wow that's a bunch of Gs, you are lucky that the damage wasn't worse at that speed. Those tires are soft compound, the only way they would work is if you taped the interior and glued them yourself to minimize the ballooning.
    Last edited by slayer17; 10-17-2012 at 10:23 AM.

I have tried the tape deal but it was always been out of balance and I lost speed and rpms with that. Maybe I didn't do it correctly. The tape job worked kept them from balloning real tall but like I said just lost rpms and speed from the vibration and being out of ballance
    There's a combination of taping and how you mount and glue as well... I use this method and have set up a few street RC's using this on the non foam tires.... The taping on the insides, I make two wraps making sure the end of the tape mates up with where I started so it is evenly wrapped and not putting any additional weight in one area...

Here's the link to a write I did... Don't know if it will help at those speeds, but I can tell you most who have used this method usually have told me there was improvements and not any balancing issues... But at your speeds you might want to try a balancer, I used a Hudy balancer at the LHS that sponsored me, I used to help them out with some work here and there... At the offroad track I was in demand for setting up peoples tires...

Anyways, here's the link if it helps any...
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...t=Tire+Glueing
    Robin Williams

RC Qualifier
    Good read I will have to try that. Do they make those huddy balancer any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    There's a combination of taping and how you mount and glue as well... I use this method and have set up a few street RC's using this on the non foam tires.... The taping on the insides, I make two wraps making sure the end of the tape mates up with where I started so it is evenly wrapped and not putting any additional weight in one area...

Here's the link to a write I did... Don't know if it will help at those speeds, but I can tell you most who have used this method usually have told me there was improvements and not any balancing issues... But at your speeds you might want to try a balancer, I used a Hudy balancer at the LHS that sponsored me, I used to help them out with some work here and there... At the offroad track I was in demand for setting up peoples tires...

Anyways, here's the link if it helps any...
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...t=Tire+Glueing

RC Qualifier
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

That's the one I used.... One thing I noticed is your foam inserts, if they aren't molded cut those edges as shown, those edges going into a rounded tire cause a lot of unbalance...

I found with that method I used that the tires were WAY better balanced before adding any weights... I don't like adding wieghts if I can avoid it,,,, I have gotten to a point where I might need to add a tiny amount, but not much... It's all in the mounting and gluing...

Oh, and I found that the Gorilla tape holds up a little better than duct tape, and if you do not have holes for venting in the rims,,,, with foamed insert tires,,, you better or they will split at the wall of the tire... added note

I want to see some vids of this thing too!!!!!

I don't mind sharing my experiences.....
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 10-18-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Robin Williams

RC Qualifier
    Sweet, thank you. I just ordered one with the different arbors to balance different tires

RC Qualifier
    Today my front end parts should be in and weather permiting I will get some video of the car running

RC Champion
    Sweet cant wait

RC Qualifier
    My parts came in and its all back together heres what broke in the crash. Bulk head, Tie Bar and one of the shocks

... Y U NO UPDATE?

Hopefully you are off editing a sweet video.

RC Qualifier
    It was my birthday over the weekend and I had family and friends over. I realy didn't have time to try to video it. I did have some time to redo my wheelie bars a whole new reconfigure job and made some chassi changes. I made 2 passes with it to show people that was it. The changes were a home run. It's crapy out today as soon as a get a decent day I will video with my brothers I Phone.
    ... Y U NO UPDATE?

Hopefully you are off editing a sweet video.

Well then, Happy Belated Birthday

RC Qualifier
    Thank You very much
    Well then, Happy Belated Birthday

RC Qualifier
    Now im just waiting on the weather for a video. The roads are to damp and now we have a huricane coming towards us. Weather permiting will have the video posted

RC Racer
    Now im just waiting on the weather for a video. The roads are to damp and now we have a huricane coming towards us. Weather permiting will have the video posted
    I know right, im in MD and I am very worried about this approaching hurricane, looks like halloween is going to be a mess.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Man that is one sweet build! I did the same thing with the last Nitro machine in my stable. I got it built, but never fine tuned it. My other problem at the time I built it was finding a body for it. One of these days I have to look into getting a Traxxas body for it. The only thing I could come up with was to make a body out of Plastruct. I was originally going to build one out of an S-Maxx I had, but I sold it to fund a BL EMaxx build. The buggy I had sitting on my shelf found itself to be the donor machine. Mine's a bit rougher as I cut my chassis with a dremel and I intend it to run on loose dirt (I can swap out the fronts for regular buggy wheels) so great e.t.'s aren't really my goal. I just wanted something different and I like building. What a great job you did. I may have to dust her off and get those last details done!!

About as far as I got with it. Really needs that Traxxas body!! Again, just awesome work!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    Thats aweosme stay with it and get it done. You can cut your chassi with a little jig saw. If you don't already have one you can buy them brand new for like 19 bucks. Use maskin tape as your straight edge comes out near perfect every time. It must have be scary cutting that witht he dremel.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I did go through a few discs, but I have perfected my technique over the years. I have built a few crawler chassis, and a six wheel drive EMaxx chassis using mostly a dremel and a hacksaw. The key is to use very little pressure and keep all body parts out of the line of fire. When they blow, there's no warning!! My next chassis project will most likely be one out of aluminum for my current ground up rebuild of my ancient E-4Tec. I just love custom builds, no matter what they are. In fact, I think this is my first visit to the Jato section of the forums ever. Just happened to see this thread in the most recent posts. Keep up the great work!! Just awesome!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10