Thread: the heat worry.

RC Racer

the heat worry.

so im waiting on hpi mesh wheels with proline speed hawgs. i was goin to to order a 25t gear bur forgot. what i have been running is stock wheels on 2s 1800mah 40c in parrallel. with a fan on my esc no props with heat, motors feels a little warm, but no issues. do you think i would be fine with stock gears. im only goin for 3.2 to 3.54 in tire size and shouldnt way to much. i dont want to gear down. but seems to always worring about heat with this thing. probably get a sv2 next month so no need to worry anymore.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You might be ok. Do.you have a temp gun to keep an eye out?

RC Racer
    no temp gun. just check with my finger. would like to have one but funding is limited. i live on disability pay. the only reason i have a little extra cash for this is cuz i quite smoking

is it just my computer or does everyone have a long lag when typing in here
    Last edited by ptsdisntfun; 10-01-2012 at 10:27 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Me too. But cheap insurance!
    Usually pretty quick

RC Racer
    ill probably just keep checking by touching it. it has never went into thermal shutdown or anything like that. and if i do blow something it'll just give me an excuse to by something silly to replace it with next month

RC Competitor
    Also make sure you have the slipper properly adjusted aswell so your not stressing the engine to much on any hard speed changes to the gear train.

RC Racer
    slipper seems fine. i adjust as was described. the setup now doesnt seem to run to hot. i would like to run the larger tires on my current gearing. i will just have to try a see if it gets to hot