RC Competitor

Melted Gearbox...

Well, my move up to LIPO did result in breakage... :-) Likely my fault though!

The area between the clutch and the internal gearbox metal gear melted.

My guess it was the slipper clutch set too loose and the excess heat just melted the bearing seal and plastic gearbox housing...allowing the spur gear shaft to move inward...letting the drive pin to pop out of the top gear slot...no Slash movement.

I was running thru grass with a 2S and it broke after a 10 minutes on the 3S pack.

No big deal...$30 buys an entire gearbox. I can't believe the power this thing makes and endures...

RC Qualifier
    Go aluminum gear box I was warping plastic on 3s whole front of it would open up.

I agree with 1fastmr. I have 3 of these now and they just don't break or wear out.

My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    REM makes an awesome gearbox to. They come anodized in a couple different colors. I've been running mine for nearly 18months. I would suggust REM or FLM for their basher warranty. Good stuff there.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Those are works of art!

I will have to give that some thought...again the failure was owner/tuner so not sure if I *need* the upgrade.

:-)

Thanks

RC Champion
    They both sure look nice.... I don't have them but would consider the FLM and maybe their differential as well.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    I wonder if the diff would help today...I was all over the track on acceleration during slippery sections. I'm sure it is more due to my over eager throttle finger.

May try the 70/30 split vs the 50/50 stock setting.

Thanks.

RC Champion
    Tires also make a big difference when driving on loose soil....and throttle control is a getting use to thing.

What tires do you have on your ride now?
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    New Proline Bowfighters in soft.

I noticed the rears show quite a bit of wear...angled wear from all the throttle!

It worked better than previous time using Badlands though.

RC Champion
    I would have thought the Badlands would hookup better on the grass and loose soil than the Bowfighters.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    Apologies...I was at an actual track in Munich which is hard pack clay with dry loose dirt in many areas. I had to be very judicious with the throttle or it would just fish tail. Again, mainly from my lack of skill! It did flat hook up in the corner between the two long straights...only if I powered thru it.

RC Champion
    Ok... that makes sense now.
    I use the Proline Suburbs mounted on Split six wheels with carbon fiber locking rings on the clay track here in San Diego where I race.
    They do a good job of keeping the clay lightly watered and blow the marbles off regularly for excellent traction on the straights and corners.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis