Traxxas at future shop

I ran on the weekend with a guy who works there and they are stocking parts in store.Very interesting.....

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    No way....

Sent using my BRAIN!!
    IfYouCan'tRunWithTheBigDogs,StayOnThePorch

Quote Originally Posted by blitz summit View Post
    No way....

Sent using my BRAIN!!
    Way.......

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    future shop?.....oh. yeah, interesting. I guess if nothing else, it might put more cheap secondhand vehicles on the market after rich kid blows a servo and considers the whole thing trash. But I think more realistically the sales won't be there for them to continue carrying traxxas items. Of course, only time will tell

RC Champion
    Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Someone at the bar the other day said to me, "So I was in BestBuy and they had these new RC cars... incredible, it had like air shocks or something!?" Hahah

Would be helpful for me parts on a Sunday...when our one crappy hobby store is closed...if it doesn't last maybe they will have a blow out sale.good for us at least.plus we all started knowing nothing....then you discover this forum
    And it's too late you've slipped down the rc addiction slope.
    Unless of course ,you have a summit,then lock'em up and go

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    And for us guys who who live south of the Canadian border . . . . .

. . . . . Whats a "future shop"??

Im assuming its like a corner grocery or gas station?
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Champion
    ^lol
    ummm im canadian so im thiking circut city or a radio shack glorafide

but yes it is a steep slop to learn specialy if you are all ready missinforming the masses even before you sell the stuff
    but we all have to start some where

and the guy hows running it i dont think he know a hole lot calling all the 8th scale tenths rotff and saying the traxxas upgrades make it faster(?aluminum heavy)

if you want to see my other reply look in the alley for a thread like thise
    itleast 10 thing rong on one page for future shop
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    And for us guys who who live south of the Canadian border . . . . .

. . . . . Whats a "future shop"??

Im assuming its like a corner grocery or gas station?
    Best buy ....same company as future shop.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post
    ^lol
    ummm im canadian so im thiking circut city or a radio shack glorafide

but yes it is a steep slop to learn specialy if you are all ready missinforming the masses even before you sell the stuff
    but we all have to start some where

and the guy hows running it i dont think he know a hole lot calling all the 8th scale tenths rotff and saying the traxxas upgrades make it faster(?aluminum heavy)

if you want to see my other reply look in the alley for a thread like thise
    itleast 10 thing rong on one page for future shop
    I have gotten some of the worst advice from a hobby store.if you are fortunate enough to have a decent LHS good for you.where I live there is one small shop
    And it's not a great store.but they can order you parts,oh wait so can I and get them quicker.still a week minimum.
    The LHS here started out selling shaver
    Yes electric shavers.the store is call Bc shavers.Ok now that your done laughing that is my local hobby shop
    The only one on the island.the island is 400 miles long. One shop makes breakdowns a ordeal if its a Sunday
    Your done for the day

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    When I got my first truck a few years ago from the LHS, he said that a 15 minute quick charger would charge the Nimh batt's just fine. All I needed to do was turn it 4 times to add up to an hour! He failed to mention that would also totally fry my battery pack after a short period of use...

RC Champion
    i never thought of it but

boxing day

ya jamann
    my lhs i open tues-wed 5-6pm then trurs-fri 5-9pm and from 1-4pm on saturday and unpredictibly closed lol but all in all probable the cheapest hobby shop in ontario period and same price if not lower than online

but i will have to check out the future shop in the coming weeks see what i can teach them lol

Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post
    i never thought of it but

boxing day

ya jamann
    my lhs i open tues-wed 5-6pm then trurs-fri 5-9pm and from 1-4pm on saturday and unpredictibly closed lol but all in all probable the cheapest hobby shop in ontario period and same price if not lower than online

but i will have to check out the future shop in the coming weeks see what i can teach them lol
    A second job maybe....lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I thought that BC Shaver Shop would be a good LHS due to its size, but I was there last Xmas. They didn't have much stock, and didn't know anything. I do miss the island tho.

RC Champion
    oh guys should have remembered this from the last future shop thread but best buy is in the traxxas race to

They are the same company...

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    i went to a futur shop in london(about 40mins away) and they do have traxxas in stock but very limited maybe a quarter of an isle

theey seemed to only have the salash 4x4 and pede 4x4 both at 450 bucks plus tax
    parts well. they seemed to have two racks fulls of titan 12t motors lol and all the others were the ones that dont seem to break as easyle like the 4x4 center shafts ans stuff

oh 100buck plus tax for a 3500kv vxl motor and 200bucks for the vxl combo

other than that very limited supply and parts both for the cars they stock(three replacement parts found) and others well very poor supply

bye
    Last edited by reod12x2; 10-08-2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: clarity

RC Champion
    oh ya i forgot to mention this but futur shop got traxxas to make diffrent part headers and boxes with 4 diffrent types of languages on all products

RC Qualifier
    Can someone post a pic of the different boxes and displays? we don't have future shops here... just curious

If you have a best buy its the same company

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    so since best buy is in the us are they going to be selling them in the us?

RC Champion
    hey guys so i learned that futur shop is just going to stock traxxas as a christmas thing and be done by the end of january
    now i dont know if this rumor is true or not

RC Competitor
    Just checked Best Buy online store. They have an E-MAXX for $731.00. What a screaming deal .

RC poster
    Not true, i work there.

We have a few models in stock, almost all of them online
    Same for parts, some in store some online.
    We're offering service and repair throught the car install bay and no it aint end in january.

RC Racer
    Ok I know this is kinda a old thread but thought I'd share my two cents, My local LHS shop is very high priced, I paid $289 plus tax for a 1/16th digger a few months ago, think it was $313 with tax, the same truck was available at Future shop for the last 2 weeks for $140 plus tax, I just got a mini revo brushless 4x4 from Future shop for $281.59 delivered right to my door and it only took 3 days, they have the Stampede vxl 4x4 on for $319 right now, the Summit for $499 and the Slash vxl 4x4 for $349, it's too good of a deal to pass up, I gotta decide which one, sale ends the 17th, the fact that they don't stock much really doesn't matter if I can get it in 3 days and shipping is free, I personally know 5 people that bought trucks there in the last few weeks that its their first R/C, I think with these prices they will sell a ton and maybe get people into the hobby that normally wouldn't spend the money, I mean the Stampede vxl 4x4 is $180 cheaper there than at our local LHS.

RC poster
    Thought I'd give the info I have from living with a future shop manager lol. I have boughten a summit and slash 4x4 from there. Lhs have told me they can't even touch future shops prices on most things. Traxxas ain't going anywhere quite yet, sales are good.

For ppl in Victoria, like me, the best buy in town has the best on shelf selection of parts because of its large size. Online at futureshop.ca or online bestbuy you can order almost every stock part and traxxas performance line stuff and have it within 3days. And they have warehouses full of stuff that's common for the summit.

Now I know that almost everyone around here loves to tinker and fix their own machine, but for anyone who loves it but is overwhelmed when it comes to fixing it. Futureshop in Langford has two ppl trained by traxxas on repairing traxxas stuff. It's the stereo installers, but they also are big into rc on their personal time.

Just my 2 cents lol little plug for the wife.

Anyways.... Carry on

RC Qualifier
    I almost bought a MERV from there the other day but I realized it was brushed, was just getting some TVs and stuff though I didn't know they sold traxxas there .. pretty sweet because the closest hobby shop to me is a half hour away and the future shop is just a few minutes
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I got my rear hub carriers for my 4x4 slash there! If anybody here is from winnipeg or surrounding area, go to the one right beside the best buy near the silver city theatures! Great store on route 90 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Southie View Post
    Thought I'd give the info I have from living with a future shop manager lol. I have boughten a summit and slash 4x4 from there. Lhs have told me they can't even touch future shops prices on most things. Traxxas ain't going anywhere quite yet, sales are good.

For ppl in Victoria, like me, the best buy in town has the best on shelf selection of parts because of its large size. Online at futureshop.ca or online bestbuy you can order almost every stock part and traxxas performance line stuff and have it within 3days. And they have warehouses full of stuff that's common for the summit.

Now I know that almost everyone around here loves to tinker and fix their own machine, but for anyone who loves it but is overwhelmed when it comes to fixing it. Futureshop in Langford has two ppl trained by traxxas on repairing traxxas stuff. It's the stereo installers, but they also are big into rc on their personal time.

Just my 2 cents lol little plug for the wife.

Anyways.... Carry on
    Hey Southie do you have a summit by chance?
    if so you should come out with us one day good fun
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    You bet, live in shawnigan. Pm me some time if your heading out

Quote Originally Posted by Southie View Post
    You bet, live in shawnigan. Pm me some time if your heading out
    provided you may be interested in doing this kinda stuff..lol
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    great video Jamaan!
    Summit, dewalt 12v, 18/68 gear, T-bone skids

RC Qualifier
    Nice vid! Wish there was more Summits around my neck of the woods. Keep it up

Thanks guys.there are around a dozen here now.Getting them together is the challange

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys.there are around a dozen here now.Getting them together is the challenge
    Consider yourself lucky no rc interest at all in my area... wait I am sure that is not true, problem is nearest hobby shop is over 100 km away so , more likely lack of availability is the issue although we do have a great rc airport just a few miles away that gets well used by the fly boys. I do keep my boat harbored in Victoria so I may have to hit you up next time I am out there for a weekend. looks like you guys have a lot of fun.
    Don't take it out unless your going to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rum Guy View Post
    Consider yourself lucky no rc interest at all in my area... wait I am sure that is not true, problem is nearest hobby shop is over 100 km away so , more likely lack of availability is the issue although we do have a great rc airport just a few miles away that gets well used by the fly boys. I do keep my boat harbored in Victoria so I may have to hit you up next time I am out there for a weekend. looks like you guys have a lot of fun.
    for sure anyone and everyone is welcome its good fun
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried