RC poster

Sand Dune Upgrades?

Check out my vid of my Slash at the Sand Dunes- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rYXx...ature=youtu.be
    I bought Proline Sand Paws for the sand but what are some upgrades that improve performance and some upgrades that look insane!
    Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    I found the Proline Mohawks are brilliant for front wheels. Really helps steering. An ESC fan keeps things cooler. Another little trick is tape up the hole on the gearing cover. It keeps the sand out of there too. Ive even heard of people racing it withough the cover completely... A shroud doesn't go astray either to keep that pesky sand outta there..

Nice Vid.
    If it isn't broke, try to break it.

RC Racer
    Given how much banging around the truck did in the video I'd upgrade the shocks and caps to Al. I've had very good luck with STRC shocks and caps. Dynamite has worked very well for a friend. I would avoid Integy's shocks, they didn't hold the oil well for the friend that now uses the Dynamite ones.

The best upgrade I made for motor temps was New Era's Al Tranny case (TER650V), took over 10 degrees off of my temps. The slight weight added also helped with traction.

Proline's Volkswagen Baja Bug Clear Body was a nice upgrade in durability for the body, looks cool too.

RC poster
    Cheers, I'm going to get the Proline Mohawks-(they will provide awesome grip on the front)and I agree with ecormier I'd defeinetly need new shocks and caps. The stock ones are rubbish, I have to use about 2 and half stifeners on to hold up the backi end! lol
    Cheers guys!

RC Qualifier
    I agree with the suggestion for aluminum. If this slash is going to be dedicated to the dunes, I'd get all the aluminum you can afford for the bling factor. Definitely get the al. tranny for temps. I have the FLM and it works well.
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Racer
    I have a Slash that is 80% Al, axles become the weak point and will bend/break with serious hits on harder surfaces. Racing on a track and not allowing the truck to bottom out when landing jumps at speed become an issue. If all you are going to run on is sand, this will be almost indestructible since the hard hits will be unlikely. I avoid having Al on actual impact areas, Skid plates, bumpers, body mounts, and bumper mounts. This reduces weight and allows some give on impacts, including with other RC trucks. I also upgraded to a 10.5T BL system and motor fan. I did this for racing the truck in a Mod truck racing class. I can run races geared as high as 27/76 without heat trouble.