RC Racer

Lipos very tight fit

so I went to install my lipos and I had to make some alterations, I cut the vent on the rear of the battery compartment so the plugs would come up through there and I removed and swapped the holder that is screwed in from one side to the other and installed them in the other end if the compartment. They fit now!

Others have the same problem? SPC 8400 (I think that is correct)

RC Qualifier
    8200mah, I didnt have to make any permanent modifications to fit them. removed the battery clips inside the box and they are snug but fit just fine.

RC Racer
    the plugs come out in the center of the end and that is what I did to accommodate them, not a huge deal.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I have seen where the vent fins have been cut to allow the wires to exit without so much stress.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    yup, that is exactly what I did. swaped the "keeper" around also, fit good now.

RC Competitor
    you can get batteries that are custom fitted for the summit too. ve always used 5300 2s lipos which fit perfect. I was searching for bigger ones that fit and ended up getting these. http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-9000XL-74-SUMMIT-Pair.htm.

pricy but awesome when your crawling and not going full out all the time easy to get 2 hours plus of running time

Please watch the *s in your posts.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-29-2012 at 02:01 PM.

RC Racer
    my 8200 mah lipos are still going I'm still on the first charge and I've used it for say 1:15 min so far. Love the LIPO....

Quote Originally Posted by jer rock View Post
    you can get batteries that are custom fitted for the summit too. ive always used 5300 2s lipos which fit perfect. I was searching for bigger ones that fit and ended up getting these. http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-9000XL-74-SUMMIT-Pair.htm.

pricy but awesome when your crawling and not going full out all the time easy to get 2 hours plus of running time
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxamps
    Two Lipo 9000mah - 7.4v packs

3-year 300-cycle guarantee Suuuure
    40+mph in Summit brushless(7.4 volts) There is no Summit brushless these will fit in.
    54 minutes average run time(9000mah capacity) That long in a non-existent brushless Summit?
    True 100C rating (I think I just lost a little of my lunch.)
    5C fast charge capable (...because we're pretty darn sure that almost 0% of our customers possess a charger capable of a 45-Amp charge rate and after paying our prices, they'll not be able to afford one...ever.)
    100% waterproof We'll see how long that lasts.
    Built today with factory fresh cells As opposed to...?
    Built with genuine 12awg Deans Ultra wire Couldn't spring for a couple inches of the Wet Noodle?
    We add the connectors and balancing taps for you (...and we'll feel free to charge you for them.)
    162mm x 45mm x 26mm, 446g
    For much more bang for your buck, go with the SPC Racing 8200mAH pack or the Traxxas 7600mAH pack.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-29-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

MaxPrice... er MaxAmps batteries.

The only reason that place is in business is they only need to make 1 sale a year to pay the bills.

RC Qualifier
    so you guy are maxamp fans then?

Quote Originally Posted by 04zrx View Post
    so I went to install my lipos and I had to make some alterations, I cut the vent on the rear of the battery compartment so the plugs would come up through there and I removed and swapped the holder that is screwed in from one side to the other and installed them in the other end if the compartment. They fit now!

Others have the same problem? SPC 8400 (I think that is correct)
    The top leaf spring and the other retainers are removable/movable to accommodate different battery sizes. The SPC 8200s fit easily in my chassis. I'm not sure why you'd have a problem.

RC Qualifier
    If you want some big batteries, I would go with SPC or Traxxas. I got some SPC 5000's and I love 'em.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-01-2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Content
    This is a signature.

RC Racer
    ksb51rl: well believe me when I say they are a tight fit. The top "leaf spring" I removed and then they slid in much better, and swapping and flipping the "keeper" from side to side and back to front made a world of difference. I just didn't see any reason not to cut the fins out of the vent it made it that much easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 04zrx View Post
    ksb51rl: well believe me when I say they are a tight fit. The top "leaf spring" I removed and then they slid in much better, and swapping and flipping the "keeper" from side to side and back to front made a world of difference. I just didn't see any reason not to cut the fins out of the vent it made it that much easier for me.
    I have a set. Mine slide in & out fine. Of course, I removed the leaf spring long ago.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jer rock View Post
    you can get batteries that are custom fitted for the summit too. ve always used 5300 2s lipos which fit perfect. I was searching for bigger ones that fit and ended up getting these. http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-9000XL-74-SUMMIT-Pair.htm.
    Please watch the *s in your posts.
    -ksb51rl
    For that price, I can have 12 packs of 5500mah 60C hard packs. I don't mind changing out batteries....not that hard.
    Plus I now have 12 packs to use in other RC's. Why do companies charge so much for their LiPo's? Buy from China.......they are just as good but without the mark up. Heck, that is what these companies do. Buy LiPo's and brushless motors from China, slap there logo on them and sell them for 3-4X the price they paid for them. Such a joke.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRacing View Post
    For that price, I can have 12 packs of 5500mah 60C hard packs. I don't mind changing out batteries....not that hard.
    Plus I now have 12 packs to use in other RC's. Why do companies charge so much for their LiPo's? Buy from China.......they are just as good but without the mark up. Heck, that is what these companies do. Buy LiPo's and brushless motors from China, slap there logo on them and sell them for 3-4X the price they paid for them. Such a joke.
    I guarantee that many RC battery companies do not make 3 to 4 times on the price they paid for batteries. I know for certain that at least one RC battery company makes an average gross margin of between 20% and 30%, depending upon which pack they sell.

RC Enthusiast
    When it comes to name brand batteries....the mark up is a joke. Not just RC batteries either.
    The batteries that my Mom uses in her invisable fence thing for her dog runs $10-$15 a pop.
    All the battery consists of is 4 button cell batteries that are shrink wrapped together to make 6V.
    I just bought 100 of the size she uses for $10. I am going to shrink wrap them together for her in pairs of 4.
    All said and done, she will have 25 batteries for her dog collars for under $20 when done.

You can not tell me the LiPo's that these companies buy and slap their label on run them $70-$80 when first off they are buying in bulk!

They are making a killin on them.

I believe Jakey 100% on the company he is talking about...
    I doubt they buy enough quantity to get an extremely low price.

Others, I know there is a huge mark-up... usually that mark up is surrounded by lots of hype.
    Of course they can warranty their pack to "back up" the hype... when you paid for one pack you actually bought 10.

Jakey knows of what he speaks.
    I was going to buy some max amp stickers for my packs,Instant 100c discharge.but alas they were 85 bucks a sticker lol.ill give them this much their packs look great,they had better for the kind of dough they are asking.

Sent using lipo power
    Last edited by jamann; 10-01-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

@DSRacing: yes some companies do inflate prices and as stated justify the gouging with empty hype (and threatened legal action.)
    However, one gets the suspicion that you really don't know what you are talking about. Nor with your "you can't tell me" attitude are you willing to listen to reason and the truth. If you choose to be a fan of cheap packs, fine. But stop the nonsense about all cells and packs being equal and about the financial practices of companies about which you have no idea. Let us deal with facts here and not groundless suppositions.