Thread: tire problems

RC Competitor

tire problems

my maxx originally started out as a brushed edition but i have recently put a 2000kv hobbywing kit on it... i got rid of the stock chevrons and bought a set of 6.3" t-maxx wheels and tires. i love the traction they have but i have destroyed 3 of them in less than a month. they are the same tire as a brushless maxx just with a 14mm hex rim. my problem is they balloon up and explode. is this a common problem for the brushless maxx's? i cant afford tires this fast. any good recomendations on maybe what you guys are running other than stock tires?

well what lipos are you running? ex-4s or 6s? its a good idea if you tape your tires on the inside with gorilla tape this will help the balloning and from shredding more tires since these beasts go so fast.
    What terrian are you running like road, grass, dirt? if your running mostly road you should look into getting a more purpose built on road tire like speed hawgs or the like if your doing dirt and grass i've heard Proline Trencher X work great just any tire you get you will have to tape w/gorilla tape the inside of them so best to get them unmounted to you dont have to remove glue and unmount them.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Competitor
    running 4s most of the time...6s on occasion but all 3 times the tires blew on 4s...i run in a gravel lot most of the time mixed in with pavement and some grassy area..dont do much straight pavement...i will look into the trenchers i have them on a 2wd slash and they work great.

any tips on removing already glued tires? i wanna buy new tires but not rims there only a month old

Acetone works good leaving them over night though, baking them in a oven-preheat oven to 350-375* put wheels in with foil i think chrome not sure dont quote me on that part i think facing up turn off oven and leave in for 15-20mins take out but be careful they will be hot ok and slowly remove the tire from the rim it should come off easy if not repeat. ( IT STINKS BAD THE WHOLE HOUSE). beware LOL.
    I use GOOFF pro strenght, i put a little around the bead area let sit for about 1min then begin pushing down on bead area to open it up more then apply more and keep pushing down and then pull a slight bit but very carefully to not tear the rubber tire once you get an area of the bead open apply more and keep slowly pulling the wheel off the rim while applying more GOOFF to the bead area to loosen it all the way around till it comes off.
    after wash the tires good along with rims in soap and water then clean area with simple green to remove any oil residue as this will prevent the glue from sticking. then tape your tires with gorilla tape and reglue your tires.

There are tons of threads about taping your tires just look around like in the e revo forum, i think here there are a few and in the rest of the forums but taping tires happens more sometimes in high speed rc's to prevent balloning and shredding tires
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Here's my method mate...also balance them; tyre taping post # 91 and wheel balancing post #97...that should see you right .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Ive found out that the cheaper sets from ebay arent balanced as well as the slightly more expensive sets from reputable dealers. Just my 2 cents. Boiling them off worked best for me, but if you have chrome wheels, it will cloud them up. I used oven cleaner to take the chrome off and poly coated the black portion before remounting. They came out real nice. I would think trenchers would balloon just as much as stockers, maybe even more, so taping them before mounting would be the way to go.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv