Thread: lipo q

RC poster

lipo q

upgraded to lipo cant tell the diff 5000nimh 5000lipo 2s 40c

The lipo should have a lot more punch...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    You are actually going to notice a drop in speed for the initial part of the pack. A 2S 7.4v Lipo pack is actually rated at a lower voltage. A 7 cell NiMH pack is rated at 8.4v. When you will really notice a difference between the 2 is how the Lipo will keep the full powerband till LVD/ LVC kicks in. You will notice its getting weaker but nothing like a NiMH. For a brushless system you will get a performance boost because a Lipo will supply the amperage those systems typically require. It cuts down on the cogging at low throttle. Hope this makes sense. I'm sure someone could explain this 100x better than me. You have to run the packs side by side to see how much different they really are.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    Thanks that helps maybe ill get 3s lipo

If you get a 3s lipo watch your temps
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Am sure your wrong on the voltage. All my LiPo 2s packs are at 8.4v when charged. And from what I have read its the norm?

RC Qualifier
    Quote form a JC concepts article on LiPo's.

"One last word on charging: When the pack is full (a 2cell car lipo pack is full when the resting voltage of the pack is 8.40v) it is full – there is no need to “top off” lipo packs. In fact – charging or bumping voltage any higher than 8.4v will immediately damage the pack and make a destructive failure likely to happen either immediately, or at any point further in the pack’s life".

http://www.jconceptsevents.com/events/clash/Lipos.pdf

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I'm talking about the pack rating, not what it is when charged. A fully charged Lipo pack is 8.4v if you charge both of the cells to 4.2v. Jimmy Neutron shared a good bit of info that if you charge them to 4.1v it drastically changes the health of the pack (for the good) and nearly doubles the charges (life).

A fully charged nimh pack is 9.6v or something like that, I don't remember.

Both packs fresh off the charger a nimh will be faster, but after that the Lipo is all game. Plus Lipo is lighter & tons of punch! Especially if you buy good packs from reputable companies like SPC, promatch, & such.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Ahhhhhhhh ok cool. :-) Don't think my charger has any control over the charge limit. I'll look for that in the next one I get. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=DiggerPede;5304338]I'm talking about the pack rating, not what it is when charged. A fully charged Lipo pack is 8.4vif you charge both of the cells to 4.2v. A fully charged nimh pack is 9.6v or something like that, I don't remember.

They actually make 10+ right off the charger.