Thread: ESC Problem

RC Competitor

ESC Problem

Im having a problem with a current de 10 esc i bought from a friend. First off i had him run it to show me it work and it did. So i installed it today on my 2wd to run my tekin 13.5T motor. everything looks good and done up right. But when i get on the throttle the motor just hummmmmms. I check my wires and programmer . I also tried a diff motor and still no rotation within the motor. why is this?? thanks for reading and all help n ideas are appreciated.
    just-in-case

This is a guess,but sounds like something in the drive drain is binding?can you turn it manually?If you can,i would check for voltage to the motor.
    I just fired my castle up,thought i bought a sidewinder esc,but found it to be a mmp,oh well can only run 2s racing only.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Competitor
    thanks billy for asking about the voltage. my connectors from my esc to motor i over looked and behold a piece of plastic was over a teminal preventing voltage to be drawn to the motor. its one of them rainy days were everything is just LOL...
    just-in-case

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    This is a guess,but sounds like something in the drive drain is binding?can you turn it manually?If you can,i would check for voltage to the motor.
    I just fired my castle up,thought i bought a sidewinder esc,but found it to be a mmp,oh well can only run 2s racing only.
    That's funny... Thought it was a sidewinder and found it was an MMP! Nice "find" there. Even on 2S MMP has some nice features like adjustable BEC voltage and others that sidewinder won't have.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

Stuff happens.
    Enjoy the hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by amsoil07 View Post
    thanks billy for asking about the voltage. my connectors from my esc to motor i over looked and behold a piece of plastic was over a teminal preventing voltage to be drawn to the motor. its one of them rainy days were everything is just LOL...

Ye,finding that out,well it all comes at a price,just got done rebuilding the trans,but still it was a great deal.the truck has a lot of nice mods already done.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlorinTharkun View Post
    That's funny... Thought it was a sidewinder and found it was an MMP! Nice "find" there. Even on 2S MMP has some nice features like adjustable BEC voltage and others that sidewinder won't have.