RC Competitor

My 1st build im pretty proud now for some tips and advice as its my 1st elec rc too.

I brought a 2wd slash rolling chassis needing nearly everything, first i put the protrac kit on with badland tires , some big bore shocks ( unknown ) Traxxas link radio , Ritt dyed it , hobby wing Sc8 wp esc with hobbywing 4065 2700kv motor , some standard parts and finally the proline flotec body. Also a 5.2 ******* 2S 25-35c Lipo in the post.

Lights I used skyline rear buckets for the front and just led holders for the rear probably shouldnt have botherd but I thought ide give it a go, its practice with the soldering iron atleast. ( The bulbs only look blue on cam not sure why )

How i brought it.

So for some questions....

Running my power set up with 14/54 will it be fast? ( even on 2s I will be getting a 3s and 4s too )

This is mostly for speed but I will want to bash it around alot too, will the proline arms be ok?

Is there a method to increase proline arms durability? ( like boiling them I heard makes parts stiffer but these are already stiff so any other tricks you of please post )

What would you change if it was your rig and how would you best set it up for abuse?

Its cost me 330.oo over the last two months and finally rtr so I'm not planning on buying anything just yet lol but you can mention things and ill consider later but my revo needs some loving now.

Thanks for reading I hope you like my first build.

RC Competitor
    Oh it also has a mounted cam barely visible thru the windscreen its a md80 and not that bad for the price.

Two things I am doing are adding some green mesh to the side windows and vents and having a unionjack/checherd flag printed in carbon vynal for the rear fins.

RC Qualifier
    thats nice love the flotech
    EMAXX 1480kv 6s
    RUSTLER 2150KV 4S

RC Champion
    I'm not a fan of......heck with it.....THATS SHARP LOOKING!!!!

Great Job on the body! Basic paint with fancy add ons - looks great buddy! Keep it up!

RC Racer
    nice job with that sir. Was that an ebay roller or the msuk forum look familiar :-) Like what you've done with the lights, were did you get the light buckets for the front and do you have any more details/photos on how you mounted them?

RC Qualifier
    +1 on the union jack for the fins.

+1 on details for the light buckets. Those look clean!
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Qualifier
    I noticed something with your ESC, your motor wires are exposed.. I'd shrink wrap them.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys.

Light buckets are from tamiya skyline gtr the tears in the front and I was going to mount the fronts sideways in the rear ( like new toyota hilux ) I expected it to take time but the rears went on near perfect fit. I just meed to line the leds up, also the front gtr buckets fit the revo shell perfect.

Yeah mate its from msuk and wearing the stickers with pride lol, great price too.

Not sure about the motor wires being exposed the battery plug hasnt been soldered on yet tho, did you mean that bud.

I might have to resolder the motor wires any way, I didn't use flux and wondering if its a dry joint idk what damage a dry joint could potentially do so ill probably redo them using the flux.

To mount the buckets I literally just drilled 3 holes in each light bucket, then screwed them in trying to make it easy to remove and maintain but ther was a gap on the bottom lip so I glued the bottoms. I thought the screws are a nice touch tho so left them.

englandstillhasit YouTube acc has afew short vids but I'm homebrew lol its not pro footage.

Msuk RCbutcher to fellow members

RC Competitor
    A dead giverway for this truck when it was forsale, was the revo3.3 shell if you saw it you'd never forget lol. Lucky i have a revo3.3 so I didnt mind.

what rustler rims are those ?? all rears? or fronts?
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC, he's talking about covering the bullet connectors with shrink wrap.

Are those aluminum caps on the shocks?

I'm not sure how fast it will be with the 14/54 and a 2700kv motor on 2s, probably not very. 14/54 is pretty close to 23/83 in 48p so it'll be geared fairly high but you'll need 3s or 4s to take advantage of the kv's.

Nice build so far.
    Last edited by O.G.; 10-20-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Did you upgrade the driveshafts in the rear???
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv