RC Racer

Using a old servo to power lights from remote

I remember seeing a thread back in the day on how to use a old servo to power lights on and off with the 3rd channel. I have got it apart and I remember having to wire 2 2.2ohms resister on the circuit board of servo but I can't remember where. The old thread had great zoomed in pics of it step by step. If someone has it or can find it please post on here.

RC Champion
    i just used the servo to move a small switch
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Racer
    O yea no I did it for my other RV but sold it. It has to do with the there wires coming off curcuit board to motor and the two to wires off other end is by positive and negative. Then I just heat shrink the circuit board. Fyi if you use the small Traxxas 2080 servo the board fits in the waterproof receiver box with receiver

RC Racer
    I did this mod as well but i found that the lights begin to flicker after a while and the servo gets very hot. I wired this to and old VXL-3S and that seems to have removed all flickering.
    You remove the pot and there will be 3 wires, maybe rods. Then you twist one resistor end with the other resistor end. So you have two free resistor ends with another end that has been twisted. Fold them into a "W" shape and solder each end to each end which the pot was cut off.

And with the wires off the motor you just wire a connecter in the correct positives so positive to positive, negative to negative and plug this into the lights.

Hope this has helped and i explained it clearly