Thread: Motor upgrade

RC poster

Motor upgrade

So I am looking to upgrade my stock traxxas slash 2wd motor and esc. I am new to the rc world so I need some info on whether the brushless velinium setup is better or the mamba or castle????

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    I'm new to the RC world as well, and upgraded to the Velineon system. I'm not crazy about it. The motor seems to be good/great, but throttle linearity isn't great on loose dirt, so I ended up buying a Mamba ESC in an attempt to take out some of the mid-range. From my reading, I'm not the only one who feels that way. If I had it to do over again, I'd buy a Castle SCT set first.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    They are both good as far as durability goes. The VXL system is waterproof, so it allows for year round fun. The Castle systems best faeture is their tunability. You can really change how your truck responds in certain situations by plugging it into a computer or using the field link. I have both and like them both.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    The Traxxas VXL-3S 3500kv is a good setup and waterproof if that is what you are needing. If not and you want something really efficient, runs cooler and gear taller ( faster ). The Castle Creations Sv2 3800kv is a great combo on 2S. You can step it up a notch the CC MMP 3800kv is good on 3S. The HPI/ CC Vapor ESC & Vektor 4000kv is a waterproof version of the castle Sv2. I've heard good things about Tenshock, EZRun, & Leopard. These are a few good systems.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

i have both. vxl in my 4x4 and castle 3800in my 2wd. also my friend has the vxl in his 2wd and i beat him by quite a bit.i have yet to use lipo in either as i dont have lipos. the vxl gets a little hot for my liking but in a 2wd it would be better. if you need water proofed system i would go vxl if not castle all the way
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

My velineon's have been the most reliable esc's I've used. FWIW.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Enthusiast
    The Velineon's durability is really nice and is perfect for bashing. If you want tuneability for racing, you can do much better.