RC poster

Brushed or Brushless mustang?

Good Day

I'm itching to buy another car. I have a 1/16th slash that is fun to race and is sort of my work car, I have found that it wants to roll extremly easy, is the mustang the same way? its a very similar design so I'm assuming it is, but all the youtube videos show it as being more stable.
    how slow is the brushed mustang?

I'm torn between the mustang and the Summit. I like the size because its easy to keep in the cab of my truck for those days that feel long

The Mustang is a pure on road car. Much lower to the ground, so less roll than a Slash or a Summit. So if you want to drive on parking lots without bumps, the Mustang is a nice car.
    The brushless is way faster, but it depends a lot on what you are after and what you are willing to spend when it comes to the choice between brushed or brushless.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply

its not really an expense thing its more of a frustration thing. if I cant go ful without easily rolling then it gets a bit frustrating.

The Summit is my offroad choice mustang on road choice

I like the slash for a mix of onroad and relatively smooth offroad. I wish i could own them all. maybe i will do that.

Maybe you should consider an E-Revo.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Champion
    id buy the brushed version. basically because id be putting in a castle combo since the brushed version has the bigger motor mount for 550 size cans.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    But since you don't like rolling over, I would stay away from brushed; they have a much higher center of gravity.

I know the Summit looks cool and all, but most Summit owners usually end up swapping in the much stronger, better designed, Revo parts... and in the end they have a Revo with a Summit body. Plus, all that body up in the air also raises the center of gravity... making it easier to roll.

I think you would be happier with a properly set up Revo VXL...
    by proper I mean shimmed diffs, aftermarket servo, RPM arms, and shock upgrades.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    I guess it all comes back to the merv, which is the one i dislike the looks of the most.

I'm starting to think that all the 1/16th cars/trucks roll easy. I did notice when I had the 2 packs in parallel in my slash it seemed to handle alot better which makes sense.

I never thought i would do this (because I'm a bit lazy) but perhaps its time to consider buying a merv and modifying the crap out of it. or just making my slash a jack of all cars change tires for road or offroad ect. I'll have to take alook around here alot more

thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Shoot... if you want, just send all the parts to me and I will mail you an assembled, tested, ready-to-go Revo with a lowered Summit body.

Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    One consideration is the difference between brushed/brushless as you buy it--are the transmitters and receivers. The VXL comes with 2.4ghz vs the old crystal type with the brushed version.

We have a Slash and Summit. Both have become modified. The Slash tires just aren't very good for high speed--at least to me.

RC Racer
    I have a MERV (well my son does) and I have a Rally and the Rally rolls way more easily than the MERV. I do have sticky tires on the Rally, but I think the MERV is actually a lot more fun to drive.

RC poster
    I ended up finding a farily good deal on a used Merv with a a few extra parts

What it will become right now is anyone guess I plan on giving it a few runs the way it is and going from there.

Jimmie. that isnt a bad idea. I might consider it after some time playing with my new to me toy

RC Racer
    Good work, you'll really enjoy it.

Here's my son's MERV with custom body:

RC Racer
    It's a 1/16 Slash body riding on 1/16 Summit body posts.