RC Racer

Aluminum skid plate

I have heard the aluminum bulks, aluminum chassis braces, and aluminum skid plates covered with rpm was a good combination. I also heard that all you need is bulks and and chassis braces. I already have aluminum bulks. I also am going to get aluminum towers. So back to question: aluminum skids and chassis braces or aluminum chassis braces with stock skids covered with rpm?
    EMBE build in progress!

RC Competitor
    The best solution I found was to buy the front and rear skids made from spring steel ($17.95 per, but better than aluminum) with aluminum bulks, and it has improved the bulk/chasis durability to as close to indestructable as possible for the Maxx.

Suzukipro

RC Qualifier
    It is a bit of a personal preference. I have run both and I have found with my truck that for the bashing I do and the runs on our local track (which is not a dedicated RC track and has some rocky patches) that the Alum skid plates held up well and lasted longer than the plastic ones (even covered with rpm). The "down" side of the Alum skid plates is their tendency to bend on direct impact. There are relatively simple and cheap ways around this though.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Champion
    the rc soultions may be 17.99 apiece but they charge you 17.95 in shipping as well. I l have them on one of my trucks with tbone bumpers underneath. On the other truck I have aluminum skids and rpm skids underneath. I will be switching to tbone's on that truck too.
    Anza Sl2sh Bandit EMBEx2 Tekno(Revo D8 D8T MBX6)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    the rc soultions may be 17.99 apiece but they charge you 17.95 in shipping as well. I l have them on one of my trucks with tbone bumpers underneath. On the other truck I have aluminum skids and rpm skids underneath. I will be switching to tbone's on that truck too.
    So your saying I should get tbones?
    EMBE build in progress!

RC Champion
    I personally like them a lot but I've only recently built my Maxx's. I have Tbone stuff on some of my other rc's and they've held up so far. here's what they look like

RC Racer
    Holy cow! that looks great, holds up even better, eh? What chassis/tires are those??
    Can't drive it, leading me insane, dream it!

RC Champion
    I have a tmaxx but it's exactly the same for the front and rear clips. The aluminum skidplate really makes the front and rear rigid. If you do decide to go with it you should cut the lips off of the ends leave about 1-4-1/2 inch. I was told to do that but I disent, thought it would be fine tucked under the rpm bumper and when it bent it twisted the whole thing. So now my skid dosent sit flush with the bulks. Other than that the flat bottom parts have not bent and take some beatings. A good rule for aluminum is to do it down the center. Like bulks,skids chassis brace, and shock towers If you hit anything with that combo I bet your chassis would snap thou

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by traxial View Post
    So your saying I should get tbones?
    Spring steel skids do not bend like aluminum eventually will - the Tbone bumpers are in addition to the rc solutions skid plates(in the pic above). I run RPM bumpers on mine and cut the top of the RC solutions front skid plate so it wouldn't interfere with the RPM or stock bumpers.

RC Champion
    The steel skids do bend but they are very easy to bend back. Thats an FLM lcg chassis and HPI phaltline tires, I recommend both fwiw

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    The steel skids do bend but they are very easy to bend back. Thats an FLM lcg chassis and HPI phaltline tires, I recommend both fwiw

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I already have those tires and rims. Now im thinking of that chassis!
    EMBE build in progress!