RC Racer

The inside of a broken bearing is stuck on my rotor...

My Slash has been behaving very poorly and cogging, so I ordered the rebuild kit. When I went to take apart the motor I found the problem. One of my bearings broke in half.

The outside ring broke loose from the inside ring, and the inside ring is now stuck like **** on my rotor. I tried grabbing with pliers, hitting it with a hammer and screwdriver, this thing is STUCK!

Any ideas how to get it off?

I don't want to take a Dremel to it, since I don't trust myself not to cut the whole thing in half
    I gots trucks and no idea what I'm doing!

RC Qualifier
    Try freezing it for a while and then using a small torch to heat the inner race. Might work?
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    Try freezing it for a while and then using a small torch to heat the inner race. Might work?
    One of those torch lighters that have a all blue flame. The more you can concentrate the heat on the race the better.

Looks like someone knows about metal. This should work if not a dremel is your best option. They don't cut that fast use a lower speed its not a race to cut it quick. Trying anything else may distort or scar the shaft up something you don't want.

RC Qualifier
    Haha. My 6th grade science class, I will never forget when he heated the ball and it wouldn't fit through the ring that it fit through when it was cold.

Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4