RC Competitor

Stampede Truggy Project - Video at the track

Hey all,

My most recent project for the P4DE is the Truggy. Since the pictures were taken, I've added stiffer Integy progressive springs, 50wt oil in the front, and 80wt oil in the back. The gladiators are good all around tires for dirt/grass/sand, but they don't do too well on the wet hardpack clay track in the videa. But they did ok. I'm curious how a set of 1/8 scale buggy tires would do on this track and truck.

The truck still has a tendency to bottom out on the jumps (causing unwanted nose dives), but I was able to get a few good laps in after some practice. Take a look at the video. I think I still need stiffer oil because I do tend to rebound too much after landing flat. These wide offset wheels put a lot more torque on the a-arms requiring more damping. More testing to come

Slash 4x4 (LCG/Sidewinder 8th/XO-1 Axles), SC10 RS

RC Qualifier
    mean looking truck man

RC poster
    Hey man, I'm about to go into this conversion.

Hows everything holding up? Still worth it?

What parts did you use, specifically for the body mounts, wing mounts-if you added one.

That truggy looks the bomb dude white and black goes so well together
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the comments!! It's by far my favorite setup yet! Stable enough for racing around and still enough clearance for bashing. The bashing actually got better with this setup... Lower suspension and wider stance mean way less rollovers.

No issues yet! The only changes were springs, shocks (not required... Just got a good deal in big bores), revolver 2.2" wide offset wheels, gladiators, and the custom body mounts for the rustler body.
    The front mounts are just the stock mounts from the slash but screwed directly into the shock tower with a screw i cut the head off of. The rear is similar except i trimmed it down and drilled a hole through the slash body mount base to mount it in the middle. The ends of the body mount base actually provide a lot of support for the body and make the single rear post work very well.

I will post a few more pics in a bit!

BTW - no wing mount yet... Kind of liked the look without it and figured I would probably just break it off anyway.
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by HawkeyeC25; 10-31-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Added comment about wing

RC Competitor

Last edited by HawkeyeC25; 10-31-2012 at 05:43 PM.