RC Competitor

Mods to the Pede so far!

I have intalled the following-Trenchers/Desperados,Tekno axles front/rear,body lowering kit and a Traxxas fan for the esc.I have on the way Traxxas big bore shocks,T-Bone front/rear bumpers and wheelie bar.LOVE this truck so far!!!I run 2S lipo's right now,but plan to get at least one 3S pack.I noticed Integy offers single and dual fan setups for the motor,would getting the single be enough or should i get the dual?Also any other bolt ons i should check out at this point?

RC Qualifier
    I'd imagine the dual would help especially on 3s. Use some thermal paste to to help with the heat transfer. I only use 2s and have a single fan on the motor and it can still get hot.

RC Qualifier
    I would recommend the dual as well, just plug them directly into the receiver box, not the ESC. I have heard of some strange issues when you run dual fans off the ESC fan plug.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

Get the fans but put some vent holes in your windshield to let cool air in to feed the fans and get the traxxas esc fan as well and maybe gear down to a 9t pinion....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Exact words from traxxas about the termal paste, "It's a gimmick." I don't know wether it works or not, but I assume they know thier stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Hah! Thermal paste in general isn't a gimmick, it can help tremendously when heat transfer needs to happen from one piece of metal to another (kind of fuses them together.) I can't say for certain that it works as well on RCs, but in electronics it most certainly does work.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Racer
    Lol. The guy said that in perfect lab conditions it may work, but in real world senerios it doesn't help if at all. If it does help though I wanna know because the cooler I can keep it the better. Does anyone have proof it works?

I'm surprised Traxxas said that. Mostly because when you buy the heat sink Traxxas sells for the motor of the mini Revo it comes with a tube of thermal grease.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Yeah a little strange. I'll have to do some research, hopefully find a solid answer.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Thermal paste with a heatsink can change you wasting money to making a valuable purchase...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    I'm a IT dude and I know it can make a 2-3 degrees difference depending what paste I use on a CPU and its heat sink. I would not advise not using it on a PC haha....so even if it makes a little difference that's good enough for me. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mattstang2007 View Post
    Yeah a little strange. I'll have to do some research, hopefully find a solid answer.
    Back in the days I was really into computers and over clocking I have seen a drop of 10 with the use of a quality thermal paste compared to no thermal paste. I think it works but it is not a huge must have difference, more just a slight improvement or optimization of a given application.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    You guys have waaay more experience with this then I do. I would agree a few degrees would be worth it. I have never messed with PC and I'm new to RC. I might just have to do some experiments myself. What would be a high quality thermal paste anyways?

RC Qualifier
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Competitor
    Picked up an integy fan.Dumb question,how do i keep it on the motor?

RC Qualifier
    It should have a heats ink too. That clips round the motor casing...

RC Competitor
    Popped it on,nice and snug!Now to wire it.

RC Qualifier
    Mine just about reached the receiver with some careful wire routing. :-)