RC poster

3.3 swapped Rustler - need to upgrade exhaust pipe/fuel tank - help please!

Hey guys,

I just joined to hopefully gain some knowledge as well as share my own with the community.

I upgraded my Nitro Rustler to the T-Maxx 3.3 engine. I'm running the stock tuned pipe that came on the 2.5 (not 2.5R).

I am wondeering what my options are for tuned pipes for the 3.3?

Do I have to use a different header?

What options do we have for larger than stock fuel cells? Ever since the swap, I burn through the gas a tad bit quicker, another 50cc would be great to have!

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

I already went through the manuals but couldn't find any info on 3.3 swapped Rustlers.

Thanks,
    Kamil C.
    Last edited by kamilitaryman; 09-27-2012 at 11:09 AM.

RC Racer
    You can either get a pipe from the Jato, or an aftermarket one. THS are known for being good pipes, and I've heard that the ERCM pipes a quite possibly the best (price shows it).

RC Champion
    Lol how do u want more power haha I put my 3.3 in my rusty and can't keep the front wheels on the ground with the stock rusty exhaust?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brett.schroder View Post
    You can either get a pipe from the Jato, or an aftermarket one. THS are known for being good pipes, and I've heard that the ERCM pipes a quite possibly the best (price shows it).
    Cool, thanks for the input! I'll have to do some searching around.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    Lol how do u want more power haha I put my 3.3 in my rusty and can't keep the front wheels on the ground with the stock rusty exhaust?
    I hear ya there. But just because it fits, doesn't mean it's meant to be. Each pipe is tuned for THAT specific motor. I just want to make sure I'm running the correct parts on mine that's all.

RC Champion
    To be honest, you won't need to upgrade to a new pipe but its not a bad idea down the road. The 3.3 will work fine with that pipe. The aluminum stock jato pipes are a great choice for cheap money. I had one for years and she screamed. I finally upgraded to the THS but havn't had the time to break in the new 3.3. I'll let you guys know what I think when I do. If you want to get more power out of the engine, another great upgrade would be a high volume air filter. Good luck
    Shaggy...