Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Rocket I'm just paranoid about temps because I destroyed a velineon, the MM is rock solid I have not had an over temp with it. Running 3s, maybe a 4s next month
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

Quote Originally Posted by Dgb007 View Post
    Rocket I'm just paranoid about temps because I destroyed a velineon, the MM is rock solid I have not had an over temp with it. Running 3s, maybe a 4s next month
    Right on! Me too! these motors are far too expensive not to watch very closely.
    (2) RC8TEs, RC8.2E, Slash 4x4, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Racer
    I went to my lhs to buy the mm 2200kv and the guy at the counter looked at me in disbelief when i told him it was going into a slash 4x4. Then he tried to sell me the sct combo l. I told him i already have that one. He must think im either crazy or stupid. lol
    Rally GT8 4x4 in progress.
    FLM Rustler

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by skynex721 View Post
    I went to my lhs to buy the mm 2200kv and the guy at the counter looked at me in disbelief when i told him it was going into a slash 4x4. Then he tried to sell me the sct combo l. I told him i already have that one. He must think im either crazy or stupid. lol
    I will go one better, I did the traxxas power up option. When I called to enquire the status of the order, the traxxas customer service rep as much as called me crazy for doing it. I told him it was my money and to mind his own business

Why do we run a MM in a slash...because we can!
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Racer
    Just installed my mm 2200. After a long day at work i didnt feel like putting deans connecters on the wires so I used an adapter for now and took it for a spin. Wow, talk about a beast. The wheels literally flew off the truck after 5 minutes. Guess I better loctite the 17mm adapters. Love this motor.
    Last edited by skynex721; 10-01-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    FLM Rustler

RC Qualifier
    3s or 4s?
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Racer
    3s or 4s?
    6s dont have any 2s
    FLM Rustler

RC Qualifier
    6s dont have any 2s
    It must fly!! Do you use mod1 pinions, if so which spurs( part#) do you use?
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Qualifier
    6s dont have any 2s
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Qualifier
    talk about go big or go home ^ 6s is very fun but to much for everyday use in my mind

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I don't really need to go 100....
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Champion
    I am astounded this truck can handle this kind of power! My E-Maxx on 4s was over the top like a rabid badger!!

RC Racer
    Don't have any mod1 pinions yet. I'm looking at Robinson racing right now.
    FLM Rustler

Yeah I don't really need to go 100....
    .no doubt...there's a couple of guys on youtube that just broke 100 with the 4x4, but i can't see much driveability over 4S on anything but speed runs on the street. my offroad tires barely stay together on 4S when i'm ripping trough my back field. i used to really be into speed, but when i found ramps..i got hooked on bashing.

Just installed my mm 2200. After a long day at work i didnt feel like putting deans connecters on the wires so I used an adapter for now and took it for a spin. Wow, talk about a beast. The wheels literally flew off the truck after 5 minutes. Guess I better loctite the 17mm adapters. Love this motor.
    i will say this...each companies' 17mm adapters are VERY different. i tried the traxxas version, and i couldn't keep them together, even with the industrial red loctite. AKA adapters are good, but you really gotta threadlock the barrell nuts good. my fav kind was the flm adapters. i'll tell you what...those are machined perfectly and have never come apart once. they're hard to find, but if you can get your hands on a set, i highly recommend them.

RC Competitor
    I have Tekno adapters and very happy with them. But you must have Tekno cvd as well.

RC Racer
    Don't have any mod 1 yet. Still deciding what gear ratio is best for me. Have test it with 4s first because right now I feel the tires will rip off the wheels. When I'm done with everything I will post up a thread with all the details.
    FLM Rustler

Problem is my lhs is out of 5x11 bearings, using the center diff until then
    Sounds like my lhs, out of the most common items most of the time. So I go to the one across town.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    I had to drive to Tampa to get them. They had ceramic 5x11 so I picked a few up.
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Champion
    I try to order online to get the good stuff. LHS can only carry so much. I was having a conversation with the owner of the LHS nearest to me. He carries a good bit of high useage stock stuff but not much of anything else. He says people will come in and pick his brain, leave without spending a nickel then go order it online. His prices are right inline with Amain so aI dont get it. He thanks me every time I come in as I usually dump at least $50. He says the bulk of his sales are under $5. I dropped a hint when I was in last week on carrying a specific beadlock rim, 4 sets of 2 and specific tires and that I would be back in a couple of weeks to see if he listened. Ill put my bet that when I walk in the door he will pull what I said from behind the counter and have it waiting. The other LHS that is a little further carries a good bit more but that guy needs to get off the crack pipe. His prices are way out of line. I laughed when I saw a sidwinder SCT with a 1410 for $225. Thats $90 more than what they are available for pretty much everywhere online. $10 for crappy pinions.

RC Qualifier
    I spend money at my LHS, but also online. They know this, if I did not buy stuff from them I would not ask their advise.
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Qualifier
    I buy about 99% from the lhs, they also greet me by name when I walk in. Anything I talk about they order so it's sitting in front of me next time I walk in. ****, I was talking about the 2400 a few weeks ago. I walked in 2 days later, and there were 2 mmp/2400 combos sitting there.

I like the staff of my lhs, very friendly an let me keep a tab if I want something they have and didn't bring enough cash that day

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    I buy about 99% from the lhs, they also greet me by name when I walk in. Anything I talk about they order so it's sitting in front of me next time I walk in. ****, I was talking about the 2400 a few weeks ago. I walked in 2 days later, and there were 2 mmp/2400 combos sitting there.

I like the staff of my lhs, very friendly an let me keep a tab if I want something they have and didn't bring enough cash that day
    Now that is good service.
    FLM Rustler

RC Qualifier

A tab? That's awesome. Good guys
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Champion
    Plus one on a good shop!
    We will see if the one I have been using works out, the crack pipe guy wont get anymore of my business. Like I said he just isnt stocking the good stuff but I understand his point of not stocking what he cant move in a reasonable amount of time. He said he stocked a full line of castle stuff at one point but it didnt move fast enough and Castle wouldnt take it back where other vendors will and give him 100% credit on it. Really nice guy and Im betting he will cater to my needs. The first time or two he welcomed me in, now he drops what he is doing and comes to see what I am afer and help.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    i will say this...each companies' 17mm adapters are VERY different. i tried the traxxas version, and i couldn't keep them together, even with the industrial red loctite. AKA adapters are good, but you really gotta threadlock the barrell nuts good. my fav kind was the flm adapters. i'll tell you what...those are machined perfectly and have never come apart once. they're hard to find, but if you can get your hands on a set, i highly recommend them.
    They are bad! http://bit.ly/PVyI8s

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    They are bad! http://bit.ly/PVyI8s

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    yes they are!

RC Qualifier
    i just happen to work at my lhs part time but i will be honest i get a 20 percent discount on parts an 10 percent over cost on kits and rtr and i still dont buy everthing there in 6 years i have spent enough to pay for a nice car in full .i like my lhs we have some hop ups we just dont really order any thing new it the same old stuff , i can order anything i want but alot of thing we should stock ,or atleast i think we should . sometimes i will drive an hr away and pay full price because i know another place has it in stock . it all in how you feel . its nice to see some guy out there supporting the lhs

RC Qualifier
    At 10% over cost, I would order it then buy it!!
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Qualifier
    Not to copy cinnabun, but I had to do a light kit in the rpm bumper. Decided to clean up the look with some heat shrink. Did some bashing last night, neighbors all came out. Fun times for all.

Last edited by Dgb007; 10-10-2012 at 04:48 AM.
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    Thats what i was using.
    FLM Rustler

RC Qualifier
    the light look really good i might have to borrow that idea

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    the light look really good i might have to borrow that idea
    4s, you're also from delaware? Where about?
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Qualifier
    On friday nights we get together and have some rc fun. Someone lent me a 6s lipo tonight , holy smokes, way too much power. At throttle I punched it and it flipped, man did it move. Much better off with 4s IMO
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Qualifier
    i dont run my truck all the time but when i do , i only run 6s, stay fast my freinds lol hope you get the joke

RC Qualifier
    Yeah that's about the size of it
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Qualifier
    I wonder how the 2400 will like 6s?

RC Qualifier
    I wonder how the 2400 will like 6s?
    it gets pretty hot even geared down but its a power house i ran it on venom 3s hardpack 3200 30c to keep weight down there is a big difference between 4s and 6s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    it gets pretty hot even geared down but its a power house i ran it on venom 3s hardpack 3200 30c to keep weight down there is a big difference between 4s and 6s
    Well I dont want to damage the 2400, so I'll stick with 4s.

The 2400 is rated for 5s no more.

This thread makes me want to buy one!
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL