RC Racer

Dual Servo Vs. Single Servo

pros and cons?

RC Qualifier
    Most of the threads I have come across speak about converting to a single servo. Main reason is more than likely to eliminate the 2 servos working against each other and having to "center" 2 servos correctly to ensure that you travel straight and true under acceleration.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

I'm changing over to single servo...I'm fed up with dual servos.
    Rock n Rolla !

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...use-this-servo

I do fine with the stockers, I have them set so they don't humm & have no troubles.
    A high torque is nice tho I have one on the Summit.....really need for crawling..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Easier to get dead center with single servo set up plus you get awesome torque!
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Competitor
    Haven't tried them for function but I've ordered a few of the Bluebird BMS-35A servos. About $60. Beautiful anodized aluminum case, Ti alloy gears, dual bearings. 403 oz and .17 sec at 6 volts (493 and .14 at 7.4) claimed specs. Seem to be well made and I've read mostly positive things about them.

RC Qualifier
    so on my revo-e...i've got a single servo...and on my e-revo...i've got a dual servo...

i'm noticing that the dual servo is much smoother and turns much easier than my single servo...the single servo would turn in one direction just fine....but in the other...it kinda hesitates and doesn't want to turn as quick...i recalibrated the servo with the transmitter and receiver menu thingy but it still doesn't perform as well as the dual servo...

don't know what i'm doing wrong...perhaps my servo isn't beefy enough...but i would think that there's a reason for the dual servo...and so far...my dual servo setup is much better than my single servo.

RC Qualifier
    That has something to do with your end points being calibrated incorrectly with my spectrum transmitter its simple...with the provided traxxas one I always had trouble
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Brewers74 right IvVaum, your endpoint probably not equal to its potential point. i run single 2075 with my trucks and dont have problem at all, sure i dont get all full turn when its dead stop but most of the time i'm running it.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    end point not equal?...hmmm...i'm gonna have to read up more on that and play with that stupid traxxas blinking light menu thingy again....god i hate that menu thingy.

I'm converted...single servo all the way
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    I had a single servo setup for ages but could never get it turn the way i wanted even if i used an external bec. I finally got fed up and put two Futaba BLS152s in the erevo and everything has been fine since. And that is using the internal bec.