RC Racer

Maintaining NiMH Batteries?

Just would like to know if this is right way of taking care of NiHM batteries.

When I want to stop using NiHM batteries for a while, they must be charged once every two weeks.

Unplug the battery from the RC Car when you see the car has drastically lost speed. Dont wait til the car cannot move anymore.

Once Every 2 months discharge the battery from a charger instead of the rc car discharging it.

Please let me know if this is all correct in taking care of a NiHM battery. Really appreciate it.

RC Champion
    I run strictly nimh. When they sit (non use) I just charge them till full. When I am going to use them repeatedly or after storage I will do a peak charge the night before. I do a charger full discharge and charge about once a month. When using them sometimes I run them till the truck almost stops and never had a problem. Biggest problem I have had is buying new batteries that aren't any good.

RC Racer
    thanks for the info bro. Just would like to know what exactly is a peak charge?

RC Champion
    Basically when they sit after charging for a while I peak them or throw em back on the charger right before I use them to get em to peak or top voltage.

RC Racer
    Got it. Thanks.

RC Racer
    Oh wait, one more thing. So when you do a peak charge, do you charge the battery the same way as you would regularly charge a battery?

RC Champion
    Yes. I run the traxxas #2963 only and just charge at 3.0 wether its full or peak charge.

RC Racer
    Ok. Thanks Steve.