RC Enthusiast

Just purchased a Traxxas E-Revo VXL 1/16

Hello everyone, name is Alex. Wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a Traxxas and it should be waiting for me when I get home this evening. I have no clue how to use it, mod it or fix it if it breaks. I bought myself this model because I read some great reviews on it. I also purchased my son (his choice) a Traxxas Rustler Stadium Truck. I wanted to start a cool hobby with my son (13 years old) and I remembered having so much with my radio shack remote control car 25 years ago...lol. So, I am here, I will read and I will ask many questions. Thanks in advance.
    Alex

Alex,

Welcome to the place where you can find tons of information. Your story sounds a lot like mine when I (re)started about two years ago. I hope you will have as much fun as I did the last two years.
    The little guy here already sold his Merv and Rustler, but I still have my cars.

Have fun!
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Enthusiast
    Welcome. You wont be disappointed with the MERV. there amazing. The thing that stinks out of the box is the 5 to 6 hour charge time with the factory charger. I recently stared running 2c lipos and had to buy a wheelie bar because it wont stay on its wheels. The sky is the limit with these trucks. Look at my threads and you will find pics of mine. If you have any questions at all just ask there are a ton of helpful people on here. Have fun!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    .Welcome! You came to the right place! You will pick up some good tips. Some that will help lighten your wallet!!
    I did almost the same as Peter had some rc years ago . Bought a revo and then built another from extra parts for my 13 year old daughter
    If you want to strengthen it and/or make it faster this is the place!
    Last edited by 50togo; 10-25-2012 at 09:16 AM.

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forum, you'll love the MERV and your son will love his Rustler. Just as a forewarning it seems like people just getting into RCs can have some bad luck at first. When I was managing my local Hobby Shop I used to jokingly tell people that it is the RC gods testing you, just be patient and things will be fine.

Don't be afraid to ask questions even if you think they may be stupid, this isn't the type of forum to call you a noob for asking any type of question. It's better to ask and be sure then to just wing it and potentially cause problems.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you everyone for the nice welcoming. I will most certainly ask a lot of questions. We have a really nice RC shop near where I work and they have an indoor dirt track as well. I know I will be there a lot practicing and shopping.

Thanks again!
    Alex