RC Qualifier

New Summit Owner

Hey guys i bought a bunch of merv parts of of craigslist last week and decided to do a summit. It is all stock except it has the revo axles, rpm arms, a sv2 esc and body. Ive ran one run on a traxxas 2s lipo. This thing is awesome. I noticed though that if i get on the brakes i flip the truck i know the sv2 i can adjust the braking power what do you guys think i just drop it to? Heres some pics of mine. Only second body ive painted and no airbrush.

Extended P2de and Mini Summit

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Sick truck mate! Love the paint scheme on the body, great colors. I have no idea about the sv2's brake adjustments.

RC Qualifier
    Lookn good!
    Mini Revo VXL 7107
    E-Maxx 3903 - He Lives!

RC Qualifier
    These cars are awesome aren't they haha
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

RC Qualifier
    thanks guys yesterday i got out my 3s and put the 23t on it and man oh man it hauls even with the canyon tires on it it was unbelievable. Its got the speed of my stampede but its smaller makes it seem so much faster. Now to just fine tune everything. Im running 80wt shock oil is that ok? and what color springs should i use right now the rear sags some
    Last edited by cuda0872; 09-26-2012 at 08:17 AM.

I run black springs in the rear on 50wt. I still have to tune my shocks to my liking, but lately it's been doing great. I run 50wt f/r and green front/black rear. Does well for me.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome thanks carbon it think ill run up to the lhs today and see if they have some springs for me. On a side note ran it with the 23t pinion last night on a single 2s 1600mah and at the end i was at 145 motor 106 esc and 104 battery. These seem pretty good for street runs but i figure if i go to 3s it will get warmer so ill have to watch it. For now when i run the 3s i will be dropping back down to 16t. Also will do a standing backflip on the 2s with 16t is that normal.

Sounds great with the temps! 3s will increase it noticeably, as you stated.

RC Qualifier
    Some guys use as high as pink springs 100w just to get rid of the bull dog effect. I have black times four. I have a MMP, don't know how similar but I set up a little drag brag n turn my other break to 75. Make sure to shim front diff or those hard breaks will sheer your ring n pinion gears. The breaking force is applied at the main tranny but most of the torque is felt at the farthest most rotating parts. It's like hurting your upper arm by someone twisting your wrist.
    BB MERV/550 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot