RC Racer

my new summit, i mean Trailer : )

Hey.
    So as most of you know,i unfortunatly bought a lemon summit. Everything got swapped on it coz it just didnt work pretty much out of the box.
    Im not new to RC's but its been a while and it is my 1st mini.
    So with all the problems (just bad luck i think) and all the things you notice break or tweek on an RC... at the moment this is what im left with.

A bloody trailer for my tamiya subaru

Carn if i cant laugh at myself, this truck would have sent me looney!

new body and some parts to still arrive.

RC Qualifier
    you gave me a great idea....we do trailer races at my lhs track. I have a broken chassis I could do this with
    Boise, Idaho
    www.adventureiq.com

RC Racer
    Sucks! My summit ran like a champ Out Of the Box. Post pictures when you get it up and running!

RC Racer
    like i said, i think it was just bad luck. The rank part is, i went to a local hobby shop instead of buying from the states, payed $140 more than i would if i bought online in hope that if i did have a problem they would help me out. Let me just say, i spent saturday telling them how nasty there service was, threw my servo at them and walked out.That was after i had to travel there twice coz the 1st time the replacement servo they sold me didnt fit my truck. Traxxas wanted to replace my truck but i wont get into how the shop stuffed that one up.

RC Racer
    Its getting there!

RC Enthusiast
    what size fan are you using on your esc and where did you get it?

RC Qualifier
    Holy toe in on the rear batman! Mine isnt like that and it looks as though those are stock links? X2 on the fans and heatsink

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Chaos' last activity was 08-23-2012... and this is a year old thread...

I am not sure on the ESC fan, but the motor heat sink/fan is rubbish without modifying it. I bought two in an $8 combo deal... once clipped onto the motor there is no way for air to flow away from the motor through the sink.

He may have the rear pillow balls screwed in a bit far. Toe is adjustable with the stock links by moving both top and bottom pillow balls the same amount.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.