RC Competitor

Question Maintenance Tips for new 1/16 Summit?

Hi Everyone!
    I'm new to the Traxxas brand and got my 1/16 scale mini Summit on Sept. 30, and I was just wondering if there are any things that are not mentioned in the manual that I should do to keep my Summit in top running condition.

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    If you read the manual you should be fine
    Just enjoy ur summit and you'll see later on if there's anything you need to do
    If ur using it on grass give it a break once in awhile to cool down, it gets hot on grass

RC Competitor
    Ok, got ya on the manual part. I just am getting in the habit of worrying about my Summit because I have no near LHS. But, yeah, that thing get's way hot on grass! I burnt myself while trying to take the batteries out
    Thanks for your reply!

RC Qualifier
    Keep the servo saver clean so your poor stock servo will last longer. When you can get to the lhs get some shims, two packs that's like $3 and shim your diffs. You don't need to do it right away as you should let them wear a little before you do this. Other than that rpm arms and your summit should last a long time. I understand store isn't close but those are the most common things to go bad first so a little pre planning doesn't hurt. If money is an issue only get the front RPM's. I bought front and rear at the same time and haven't put rear in simply because they haven't broken. I have done some realy dumb stuff even snapped chassis jumping a 8' fence and landing on asphalt. Arms were good. Keep it brushed off with an old tooth brush or air compressor. No wd40 it promotes dirt clean find a dry lube if you can for things like rockers n link ends.
    BB MERV/T8 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot