Thread: OS upgrade?

RC Enthusiast

OS upgrade?

I'm interested in upgrading my 3.3 motor with an OS MAX 21TM. is the standard revo drivetrain strong enough to handle this motor(I have a t max with an RB TM523 & it eats parts frequently)? I'm currently running on a forward only transmission. Would it be a good idea to upgrade to a 3 shoe clutch & what's a good tuned pipe for the OS motor? Any ideas on parts & upgrades? Thanks
    T Maxx RB TM523, Revo OS 21tm

RC Qualifier
    I personally am a fan of the ERCM pipe for any motor. Only bad part about that pipe is that there is no way to run out out the back like a normal revo pipe. A 3 shoe clutch is probably a good idea especially for racing.
    Joshua 24:15 Choose this day who ye will serve

RC Qualifier
    Haha wow it sounds like my Tmaxx!!!! I've killed 3 trannys before the rb kit and 2 steel drive shafts and a couple spur gears lol

RC Qualifier
    I've had my os21tm for a couple weeks now and about 3/4 a gallon or 2.5L of fuel through it and I'm still running a stock style clutch with a single chamber exhaust and the stinger bored out with the smaller style air filter, also running a "Stock" second gear instead of a close or wide ratio with a 16/36 clutch and spur. I'm also running the plastic center shafts with Traxxas cvd's, forward only and no center dif with smallish tires (t-maxx chevrons and hpi dog bones).

So far this is the best she's ever run and behaved, wheelies on command and no need for "FULL THROTTLE" with that said I think the os21tm is a great "drop in upgrade" and the drive line should be able to withstand a modest power upgrade without too much breakage but then again I've only been running this setup for a couple weeks now so only time will tell.

jmo
    Last edited by NITR0 newbie; 10-09-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

I have the .21Tm in my platinum revo with a Buku pipe it's great lots of power. I had the engine and pipe in my Slayer but it was way to fast couldn't control it so I switch them out.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran