Thread: Shocks

RC Enthusiast

Shocks

After purchasing a revo about 2 months ago I immediately replaced the shock oil. When I push down on the rear of the revo one side rises faster then the other, if I do the same on the front it lifts in a level fashion. I ve removed the rear shocks and they don't look bent or anything. I'm planning to disassemble them & replace the oil. Can the oil in the shocks just be topped up or is it best to replace it. How often should the shock oil be replaced? Thanks
    T Maxx RB TM523, Revo OS 21tm

RC Champion
    replaced the oil.. with the revo suspension and the pipe in the back directly over teh shocks... you have inconsistent shocks.. all in all you should replace the oil...
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

Make sure there's no binding in the slower rebounding shock. Could be the pillow balls in the axle carrier are too tight.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Ditto Double G. I have fought this before and found that it was the pillow balls. I replace the oil in my shocks every month or so as maintenance. Especially with rear exhaust.

Now, I just replaced all my shocks 3 months ago with XO piggy backs and I must say, what a HUGE difference! They are slightly more expensive than most shocks but worth every penny IMO.
    Warned to not use symbols..........