Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Sounds like a plan rag please keep me updated with this cool idea......peace
    Just picked up the j-concepts tense sct and helion 10 mt tires:

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I think a black wing would set the truck off dude and go with the bed at the back .......peace
    Got a black one
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Dude the wheels and tyres are just awesome and hope they perform as good as they look and that black wing will set it off mankeep us updated with this build its sick rag..........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Sha......wing!

About 2 hrs with a plate of 2mm fiberglass, my 7$ harbor freight roto tool and a wing and wing mount from a helion dominus:

I was at HTUSA picking up the rims and tires above, and found that this wing mount and wing were the perfect scale. All the 1/8 wing mounts were too large to mount within the shock tower webbing. The plastic is nice and flexible. The wing is thick and durable... and black spennipoos...

Best of all, the smallish footprint of the wing mount itself(1st pic) will let me cut a relatively small hole in the bed of the bulldog body to thread the wing mount through, and leave the entire rear of the body intact. I am very happy with how this turned out...

RC Racer
    It's looking good Rag - I cannot wait to see it finished!

Do you guys think orange, or yellow rpm arms would go better ???

RC Racer
    My vote is for orange!

Make that Two thumbs up for orange dude it will go well with the body work and add more detail to the truck......peace

RC Qualifier
    I have not read the whole thread, but I would say orange, especially if it goes with your body. Also just wanted to say you're looking good so far!
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

Orange arms, and paint the springs yellow... I think its a plan.

RC Champion
    Yeah orange ...definitely. For what ever reason my kid too loves that colour and now wants a VXL body to be painted orange and black foe his pede.
    Live life to the fullest

Yeah dude yellow springs will look boss with the orange a-arms rag cant wait to see the finished project ......peace

Got the body mounted:

Now that's a sick looking truck rag and colour combo is popping dude how long do you think it will be before its first trip out.........peace

Spencer

way too long. at least a month or could be as long as winter, but asap...

Well all good things come to those who wait dude.......peace

RC Champion
    Hey rag, your truck looks awesome so far. I love the color scheme you have on the body and my vote would also be orange for the a-arms. My question is what did you come up with for body mounts? I see you are using pro-line's mounts but did you make any modifications to fit them with the truggy style body? Thanks
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    Hey rag, your truck looks awesome so far. I love the color scheme you have on the body and my vote would also be orange for the a-arms. My question is what did you come up with for body mounts? I see you are using pro-line's mounts but did you make any modifications to fit them with the truggy style body? Thanks
    Ok... in the rear it is the proline pieces at its lowest setting. It cannot go up because of the wing mount is in the way. The rear of the body is where it is and it cant move up or down. I actually have the wing on upside down as it will not fit with the body... I know... I know... but this truck will be maxing out under 30mph, and the wing will not affect it very much. It wraps around the entire rear of the body and the plastic wing is gonna protect it very well. Its like pede butt armor lol, and the butt end of the pede bodies always seem to take a ton of abuse and break apart right there. I can make an extension to let me mount the wing 3/4 of an inch higher so I can flip it over correctly if I ever up the voltage and speed.

Now on the front... The ft mount piece that proline provides is a direct fit for the slash 4x4 not the pede 4x4. On a stock body it is not a problem. Just drill some new holes further forward on the hood. On the bulldog body, it cant work as that lip in the front fender is in the way for the caps. It just wont work. So, I just used the stock pede ft mount and screwed the proline studs directly in, and it fit just right. The front of the body sits a little lower than the rear. I like it so far, but if I want to raise it up to make it level, I can put some sort of spacer under the pede ft mount to do so.

One thing if you do decide to go that route, is that the studs are screwed into thin plastic and not supported well at all. I need to find nuts that will fit the studs and support them from underneath. If not, they could pull out of the thin plastic easily. I have about 100 nuts in my nut pile and none fit those threads. I must source some.
    Next round of pics I will show what I did.

I threw the tires on, and man I love how it looks:

...Traxxas muggy???
    Last edited by rag6; 08-24-2013 at 05:20 AM.

RC Champion
    Nice Build. You should also get stronger drive shafts at the rear. I got my MIPs yesterday. Like them very much. Really heavy duty stuff

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Ok... in the rear it is the proline pieces at its lowest setting. It cannot go up because of the wing mount is in the way. The rear of the body is where it is and it cant move up or down. I actually have the wing on upside down as it will not fit with the body... I know... I know... but this truck will be maxing out under 30mph, and the wing will not affect it very much. It wraps around the entire rear of the body and the plastic wing is gonna protect it very well. Its like pede butt armor lol, and the butt end of the pede bodies always seem to take a ton of abuse and break apart right there. I can make an extension to let me mount the wing 3/4 of an inch higher so I can flip it over correctly if I ever up the voltage and speed.

Now on the front... The ft mount piece that proline provides is a direct fit for the slash 4x4 not the pede 4x4. On a stock body it is not a problem. Just drill some new holes further forward on the hood. On the bulldog body, it cant work as that lip in the front fender is in the way for the caps. It just wont work. So, I just used the stock pede ft mount and screwed the proline studs directly in, and it fit just right. The front of the body sits a little lower than the rear. I like it so far, but if I want to raise it up to make it level, I can put some sort of spacer under the pede ft mount to do so.

One thing if you do decide to go that route, is that the studs are screwed into thin plastic and not supported well at all. I need to find nuts that will fit the studs and support them from underneath. If not, they could pull out of the thin plastic easily. I have about 100 nuts in my nut pile and none fit those threads. I must source some.

...Traxxas muggy???
    Thanks for the help rag! I might try to convert my p4de to a truggy/muggy sometime in the future.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Well rag the wheel and tyre combo is the icing on the cake dude I love it.........peace

Spencer

Thanks for the nice comments Spencer. I took it with me so it could hang out with the other trucks at the bash park today. He had fun 8)

Nice dude I am so happy with my pede howit is running at the mo and tomorrow I am going to start my 1950s chevy old school shell so when its done you can see my not so handy work lol...........peace