RC poster

Emaxx newbie: ESC seems fine but no beeps and no go at motor pls help!!!

Please help me here you experts! First outing with Emaxx with a 20T pinion on 2x2S Lipos...running fine on sand and then nothing: no drive forward or back. Servos fine, ESC light amber in neutral, green on acceleration and red on reverse but no beeps when I switched off and on? Has the ESC or motor blown or is this a protective shutdown? Have reset transmitter, checked all connectors to receiver and to motor. Noticed the ESC fan doesn't seem to come on and critically: no beeps when I turn ESC on...what to do???

RC Racer
    from castle

13. What do the flashing LEDs mean? The LEDs can have different meanings depending on what you are doing.
    If you are not calibrating and have no throttle input:
    Flashing Red and Yellow = over temp
    Flashing Green and Yellow = low voltage cut-off(battery)
    Flashing Green OR Red = Speed control has not been calibrated and is not armed; or throttle sub-trim is not at 0.
    Solid Green OR Red = should not happen when at neutral, indicates full throttle/reverse
    Flashing Yellow = possible problem with controller (Mamba Max Pro indicates neutral and armed with C.H.E.A.T. turn off)
    Solid Yellow = indicates neutral and armed (Mamba Max Pro indicates neutral and armed with C.H.E.A.T. turn on)
    Flashing all colors = speed control is not receiving a valid signal from the receiver, usually indicates the receiver wire is plugged in backwards into the receiver; possible problem with controller or with throttle channel on receiver.
    If you are applying throttle or reverse when NOT calibrating:
    Flashing Red and Yellow = over temp
    Flashing Green and Yellow = low voltage cut-off(battery)
    Flashing Green OR Red = indicates partial throttle (green) or reverse (red)
    Solid Green OR Red = indicates full throttle (green) or reverse (red)
    Flashing Yellow = possible problem with control
    Solid Yellow = should never happen
    Flashing all colors = speed control is not receiving a valid signal from the receiver, usually indicates the receiver wire is plugged in backwards into the receiver; possible problem with controller or with throttle channel on receiver.
    If you are applying throttle or reverse WHEN calibrating:
    Flashing Red and Yellow = should not happen when calibrating
    Flashing Green and Yellow = should not happen when calibrating
    Flashing Green OR Red while beeping = indicates speed control is looking for full throttle (green) or full throttle (red). If it continues for more than ~ 8 seconds, indicates speed control is seeing partial throttle (green) or reverse (red), increase endpoints on transmitter so speed control sees full throttle/reverse.
    Solid Green OR Red = indicates full throttle (green) or reverse (red) has been read
    Flashing Yellow = speed control is not seeing a valid neutral signal, check your transmitters throttle sub-trim is at zero, exponential is set to 0 or linear, and mixing is disabled.
    Solid Yellow = indicates neutral has calibrated and is armed
    Flashing all colors = speed control is not receiving a valid signal from the receiver. Usually indicates the receiver wire is plugged in backwards into the receiver; also happens when speed control has accepted a calibration setting (throttle, reverse or neutral) and flashes/chimes 4 times before moving to next calibration point; or problem with throttle channel on receiver.

Do you have another motor to try ? 20p on sand may have overheated the motor.. or at least take it off and see if it spins freely (for a brushless motor) no grinding

the beeps do come from the motor...
    Last edited by bazookamaxx; 09-24-2012 at 02:30 PM.

RC poster
    Hey pal thx do much. However still cannot workout my problem: I get no beeps when turned on, lights go thru the flashing sequence to amber: then I throttle on it goes green and red when I brake back to amber when neutral. Clearly no output from ESC to motor. The sand was fine and hard and I run a fan on the motor: there was no smoke from the engine. Clearly for some reason the ESC has cut off the signal to the engine.
    Is there a way to reset the ESC?

RC Racer
    http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...s_ed_guide.pdf

page 20

make sure your trim for throttle brake is at normal

RC Champion
    i had the same problem with two Mamba monster esc's and had to send them in to castle. they sent me new ones for free. the turnaround time was two weeks.
    Anza Sl2sh Bandit EMBEx2 Tekno(Revo D8 D8T MBX6)