Thread: Wheelies

RC Enthusiast

Wheelies

How Do i get my t-maxx to pop wheelies, the front end will not go up. Maybe I could tune it better?

I dont know what I am doing wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi Try replacing your clutchbell with one that has a smaller number of teeth on it. Normal clutchbells usually have around 20 teeth, depending on your model, try going to 18 teeth, and remember to set your mesh with the spur gear. When you go to a smaller clutchbell you get more torque on the low end but give up speed on the top end

Proper tune, proper slipper set-up and proper shock settings will help out a lot. The first two being the biggest.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    double g whats the right shock set up to make my maxx weelie

RC Qualifier
    On the Wheelie Subject this is my Problem all of a sudden, 2 days ago after a 6 Tank Break-in I was able to get a wheelie everytime I wanted but today it seems something is slipping. i checked the slipper clutch and it is nice and Tight.
    (BTW I am running all 3.3 Running gear, 2 Speed forward only tranny, The 3.3 Style aluminum Slipper, 20 tooth CB, 62 tooth Spur, but TRX 2.5 Engine with the 3.3 Style 2 Stage air filter and the Polished 2 Chamber resonator at least the Resonator has Etched DC-T-R I believe which is Dual chamber-Top End-ROAR approved)
    I was thinking I may have gotten some WD-40 on the CB Clucth since I have the CB with I believe 6 or so Vent holes in it could the WD-40 be what is causing me to no longer get Wheelies on demand like I was? I am not that familiar with these composite clucthes so do not know how they react to say WD-40 I thinks some composites do not react the same to Oils etc like metal or some fiber Clutches do (ie in a auto if you get oil on you clutch Disk or Flywheel it is pretty much Toast as well as your Brake pads/Shoes, Is it the same way for the CB and Clutch Shoes? If so I have a 20 tooth CB with no vent holes and new 4146X Clutch I can replace it with.
    BTW I noticed the 4146X Clucth package states it is For High Stall is that teh same as say a High Stall Torque convertor where say the clutches no longer Stall out at 1500 RPM but now Stall out at say 3000 RPM ( the #'s are off top of my head I have no Idea what RPM a Nitro engine even Idles at but I have a feeling it is up there a ways maybe 5000 rpm?

RC Competitor
    it could be your clutch like you said but it might also be the tune

RC Qualifier
    mine will not wheelie on command but it does try its best and when taking off 80% of the time it will pop up and ride one and i'm running a stock 1yr old T-MAXX 3.3

RC Competitor
    Keep it simple, start with checking the tune. A good tuned 3.3 will flip a TMaxx over backwards!
    No Honey, I have had this one for a long time....

RC Enthusiast
    you could go all jimmy rigg on it and add more weight to the back such as a small weight