RC poster

E-revo 5608 to E-slayer Pro conversion

Folks,

I just pulled the trigger on all the parts to upgarde my 5608 e-revo to an e-slayer pro. I looked at the wheelbase and length measurements for the e-revo and slayer pro and figured it really made sense to go for the conversion, especially as I can use slayer wheels without having to upgrade to those expensive 17mm hexes. 150GBP for an awesome 4WD SCT is great value in my book!

For the record, these are the parts I ordered:

1 PL3384-00 ProLine Flotek Clear Bodyshell For Traxxas Slayer Pro
    2 TRX-5456 Half shafts - center front (Revo 3.3)
    2 TRX-5918 Push rod (steel) (assembled with rod ends) (2) (use with progressive-2 rockers)
    1 TRX-5931X Suspension arm upper (1)/ suspension arm lower (1)
    1 TRX-5932X Suspension arm upper (1)/ suspension arm lower (1)
    1 TRX-5933X Suspension arm upper (1)/ suspension arm lower (1)
    1 TRX-5934X Suspension arm upper (1)/ suspension arm lower (1)
    1 TRX-5935 Bumper - front/ bumper mount - front
    1 TRX-5936 Bumper - rear/ brace - rear
    2 TRX-5939 Turnbuckles toe links 72mm (2)
    2 TRX-5975 Traxxas BF Goodrich Tyres Mounted on SS Satin Chome/Black Beadlock Wheels - 14mm

Quite a few of the bits are on special order or out of stock at present in the UK but I am in no hurry to do the build as I can run it as an e-revo for the meantime.

RC Qualifier
    E slayers are sweet. I love mine. Mine tends to drive like a SCT that is fat with way too much power and a servos on caffeine. I'm running dual 2075s.

Post pics up as you build!

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    Thanks. I think mine is the first 5608 e-revo to e-slayer pro conversion on the forum, so will post pics.

It was seeing pictures of your finished conversion that convinced me, especially with the nice green lid you painted up (is that an SC10 lid or a slayer one?). Very nice truck!

N

RC Qualifier
    It's a slayer prographix lid. It's not a perfect fit. When I kill that one I'll be getting an SC8 lid for it. Those are supposed to fit best.

Sweet..., I'll be starting my build soon too. As said post some pics.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    Will do. I'm hoping smaller wheels = less rotating mass = better manners in the air. My e-revo is a nightmare to keep flat during jumps.

RC Qualifier
    I find myself wanting more rotating mass. I haven't jumped it much but its not nearly as controllable in the air.

RC poster
    You got any tips on fitting the half shafts? Took me couple of hours and I only got one wheel changed over!

RC Qualifier
    What shafts you using? I just used the slayer shafts. Had to pull off the knuckles to get the shafts in. Then just pop the knuckles back on the wheels and go!

Plus, I just swapped my 17mm adaptors back on.

RC poster
    I got the Slayer pro shafts TRX-5456. They aren't as beefy as the e-revo ones. It was getting the knuckles in and out that was a nightmare. I did one but it does not run as smoothly as it should. I warmed it up in boiling water for 2 minutes, used pliers to spread the arms, and then tried to get the onto the knuckles. Because I got the e-revo second hand I don't know if there is a special tool that comes with it to make removing / inserting the knuckles easier.

RC poster
    Finished the build this evening, except for the front and rear bumper which are still on order. Fiddly but all everything went together okay. Seems to line up really well under the Pro-line Flotek shell. Even the body posts seem to line up perfectly. Can't wait to try it out. Will post some pics soon.

@Deerhurst. Thanks for all your help. Didn;t realise the knuckles came apart like that. What a knucklehead am I?

RC Qualifier
    Lol. Everything is pretty modular on the platform. I have a traxxas prographix body but as soon as I kill it, looks like it'll be pretty soon, I'll be looking at that Proline you picked up or an sc8 body.

The e revo chassis is about 1.5 inches linger then the slayer chassis.

Lately I've been pulling my rear toe links out of the rod ends. Did it 5-6 times today in one bash session. Also pegged a pole and dented and creased my body, cracked an arm and some how managed to break an arm last week. JB weld and superglue FTW!

Getting the drive shafts in can be a hassle. Almost as bad as trying to connect the little shaft from the transmission to the front diff!

Looking forward to pics!

RC poster
    Here come the pics. For the first time I cut the shell before painting. Don't know why I never thought of this before.

Going for metallic black with carbon fibre effect hood scoops and details.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjagaiden View Post
    Here come the pics. For the first time I cut the shell before painting. Don't know why I never thought of this before.

Going for metallic black with carbon fibre effect hood scoops and details.
    Looking sweet mate...look forward to seeing the finished result. I can't wait to get a start on my build and join in the fun
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Nice! Cant wait to see it all painted with bumpers!

Now I know what proper toe links look like, lol. I've got slayer links on slayer pro arms, needless to say, that are a little short.

RC poster
    Went past the LHS today and they had a really nice metallic burnt orange colour that I could not resist, so I painted it up to look like the Short Course Truck I drive in Virtual RC Pro. Put the stickrs on and went to work with the carbon fibre inlay. Still no bumpers yet but I am pleased with the results ...

Hope the bumpers arrive into the UK soon!

RC Racer
    It looks like my truck!

RC Racer

You have a good taste in color! My e slayer is the best truck I built! Good luck with the truckload
    Last edited by prettyfly93; 10-14-2012 at 07:32 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I like how your lid actually fits, unlike mine.

Lookin good. Have you driven it much yet?

RC poster
    @Prettyfly93 : That's amazing - nearly identical! Liking your Monster Energy graphics too

@Deerhurst : I've just tested it up and down the road - nothing serious yet as it has no bumper on. Might refit the e-revo bumper just to get a chance to give it a run around. Weather here has been rubbish last few days.

I like the color.....specialy first pic...post 16
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    my e-revo will be here to start my e-slayer tomorrow!!!
    Big Block KB
    ERBE Tekin rx8
    MERV Basher

I scratch built mine earlier this year didnt do a conversion, just built it new from parts, it has turned into easily my favorite ride right now.
    I went with the Slayer Pro parts and an associated SC8e body on it. Body is a tad wider than the slayer/slash4x4 bodies i think. Eliminates any rubbing on the fenders.

Kept the Castle 2200kv and run it on 4s. It is an absolute blast to drive.

(RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

Gosh. I love my nitro Slayer, but it looks like Traxxas should make a E-Slayer. Keep up the good work guys!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I scratch built mine earlier this year didnt do a conversion, just built it new from parts, it has turned into easily my favorite ride right now.
    I went with the Slayer Pro parts and an associated SC8e body on it. Body is a tad wider than the slayer/slash4x4 bodies i think. Eliminates any rubbing on the fenders.

Kept the Castle 2200kv and run it on 4s. It is an absolute blast to drive.
    I love the look of your build mate...will be starting mine in the next month or so .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    some really nice truck in this thread

RC Champion
    I really liked how it turned out