Thread: Big Bore Shocks

RC poster

Big Bore Shocks

Do the shock rebuild kits for the standard shocks work for the big bores as well? Also, do the standard shock preload clips work or will I need to round up some ones that will work specifically for the big bores? TIA

The rebuild kits are the same for both types of shocks. O-rings, spacers, and bladders are all identical. The Traxxas rebuild kit also comes with snap rings for the big bores.

As for the preload clips, they will work, but will be sloppy because the ultra O.D. is a little bigger.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Yup!^^^^^^
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    The rebuild kits are the same for both types of shocks. O-rings, spacers, and bladders are all identical. The Traxxas rebuild kit also comes with snap rings for the big bores.

As for the preload clips, they will work, but will be sloppy because the ultra O.D. is a little bigger.
    Guess I'm good for the rebuild kits, not sure what I will do for for adjustment then. I bought a used STRC LCG Slash roller w/ big bores already on it for an dirt oval class using the velineon setup. Might have to start buying some Losi springs and start going on practice nights to get a setup down. Of course the season is almost over now, lol. Thanks for the answers, both of you. If you have any more advice, I'm all ears.