RC poster

Slayer Posotives/Negatives?

Im a owner af two Jatos, two Revos, and a Tmaxx! I am thinking of purchasing a Slayer but before i buy one i would like to know what some of the faults and perks of this truck by Traxxas fans and other nitro drives! What is your opinion of this truck, goods and bads!

I LOVE my Slayer. The Slayer is a great truck, and it's lots of fun! You may have noticed that there aren't to many upgrades for the Slayer, but, that's a good thing because that means there isn't much room for improvement, also meaning the Slayer is well built. Of the very few upgrades you can get for the Slayer, a few of them are must haves. The sway bars, 5998 is must because it really helps to not flip it and makes it alot more stable. I would get better tires, but that's up to you if you want. The stock tires are good, but there are better tires out there. In terms of nitro, yes, the Slayer has it's share of bad tunes and other tipical common nitro problems, but once you get it tuned, it's a BEAST! I've really enjoyed mine, and I'm still driving and bashing it every day even though I got it 6 months ago. If you have any more questions, just ask! Where here to help! Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    I have a slayer. Or should I say I had a slayer. I had the old slayer not the pro. But I turned it into a revo. I was to hard to stay shiny side up even with the sway bars. At just about any speed it would roll easy. I would stay away from the slayer.

I have a slayer. Or should I say I had a slayer. I had the old slayer not the pro. But I turned it into a revo. I was to hard to stay shiny side up even with the sway bars. At just about any speed it would roll easy. I would stay away from the slayer.
    True, but you're talking about the original Slayer. The Pro is MUCH better, so If you get the Pro (The new one) with the sway bars, I wouldn't worry about flipping it. Then again, you can still flip it, but it all just depends on your driving style.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    I enjoy Kyle slayer pro. Not much needed for it but some sway bars, springs, tires, and some hub extensions and you are set. Since I've been running my new hubs it's so much more stable and really only rolls when u try to roll it. With my duratrax lock ups on I can slide mine around without it rolling on me. And also flys off jumps pretty good too. Lol

RC poster
    I love mine ! Its a blast to run at the track ! :-) and a setup station is a must have. For setting toe and caster and camber. With everything set it drives pretty easy ! I don't think it rolls to much at all ! Even for the narrow wheel base ( compared to the revo 3.3) that's my 2

RC poster
    Thank you all so much for your inputs!! I guess now its all up to me and I think I'm gonna have to buy on!

RC Competitor
    I have a Slayer Pro and a original Slayer and both are great. The Slayer has sway bars installed and it is about as stable as the Pro without the sway bars. Will be installing a sway bar set in the Pro soon, hope to see a big improvement.

I find that both are pretty forgiving on the dirt (only flipping when I get more then a bit careless!)

Both have the 3.3 motor and have tons of power.

Buy one, you won't regret it.

Bill