RC Enthusiast

what fuel is better

I was using odonell 20% now im using odonell 30% is this good for the engine , or 30% can make shorter the life of the engine , and excuse me for my english

RC Enthusiast
    Only time that 30% is recommended, is when you are racing. 20% is recommened otherwise. I personally haven't used anything other than Traxxas fuel. I have heard that Odonell is not that great. No color and is 100% synthetic, IIRC.

Biggest reason I will only use Traxxas Nitro in my trucks, is that if there is a problem because of fuel in my Traxxas trucks, the finger can't be pointed anywhere else.

I only used 30% and I never raced...bash only. More power, runs cooler...what else could a guy ask for? It is a bit more money, but worth it imho. I ran Sidewinder Race 30% w/ 12% oil and didn't have one complaint.
    Vantage/MMM/1515 Revo
    MMM/1518 Revo
    T-Maxx 3.3

RC Champion
    I've run nothing but Traxxas 33% since it first came out. I don't race but love the extra power.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasPR View Post
    I was using odonell 20% now im using odonell 30% is this good for the engine , or 30% can make shorter the life of the engine , and excuse me for my english
    I've been using odonnells 30% fuel for 7yrs now and haven't had any complaints. I don't know what MKnAsdad is talking about,I haven't read a bad review about them yet and what does having/not having color have anything to do with it's performance. I've used Traxxas, Byrons, Sidewinder, and Blue Thunder, with nitro ranging from 20% - 40%. I like odonnells 30% out of those I listed. just my .02 cents worth
    Revo3.3 -.32 Axial/BUKU Pipe

RC Champion
    not knocking Odonnells fuel or anything like that... but if you haven't read a bad review in 7 years you have been living under a rock my friend.. there is a ton of bad reviews on that fuel dating back to roar nats held in north carolina... i think it was north carolina... wher eyou had drivers dumping cases of them... it was in the magazines at the time also..

as for what type of fuel i use.. i ran 33% traxxas when i started then went to byrons.. LOVED IT.. now im running VP fuels.. awesome fuels... all are amazing fuels and get the job done... so pick your poison.. no matter what fuel you run just maintain your engine ...

if you are a basher i recommend byrons 30/11.. but just pick a fuel that your hobby shop carries and you will be fine.. i know guys that run Odonnells and love it.. so if thats whats available then by all means run it
    Last edited by kgombe1; 09-25-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Qualifier
    I love VP also. the 30% is ridiculous in power. Of course i am little biased since I run their fuel in my race quad also.
    Joshua 24:15 Choose this day who ye will serve

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO K'os View Post
    I've been using odonnells 30% fuel for 7yrs now and haven't had any complaints. I don't know what MKnAsdad is talking about,I haven't read a bad review about them yet and what does having/not having color have anything to do with it's performance. I've used Traxxas, Byrons, Sidewinder, and Blue Thunder, with nitro ranging from 20% - 40%. I like odonnells 30% out of those I listed. just my .02 cents worth
    The lack of color means that it is harder to tell the fuel level in the tank.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MKnAsDad View Post
    The lack of color means that it is harder to tell the fuel level in the tank.
    This has nothing to do with the quality of the fuel. Personally, I don't need to see the fuel level in the tank. Can't really see it with the body on anyways. I know how much fuel i have left based on how I am driving.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Racer
    i use to run odonnells 25% like it better than the o speed,now i run vp if switch going back to the O

I really like O'Donnel 20%. Lots of power, long runs times, and cool temps. Sure, it doesn't have any color, but that way you can see any dirt that gets into the fuel! No complaints from me!

700th POST!!!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    Byrons FTW!! It's all I will run in my BB's...

RC Racer
    I'm in Australia so not sure if the fuel I now use is available anywhere else. I was using a fuel called Glo-Max, 20% nitro, it also had about 18% oil, this was the only fuel the LHS had to suit & they said it was recommended by Traxxas to use in Australia, I didn't believe the local hobby shop staff so ended up contacting the australian Traxxas importer/distributor, they confirmed what I thought & said it was not the fuel to use. They told me that Traxxas recommend 25% nitro for the Revo 3.3 & that was what I was going to switch to anyway. I went to a different hobby shop & got some Redback 20% as they had ran out of 25%, all good though. It has 12% oil & made the Revo run much better, cooler & easier to tune, it now pulls wheelstands with ease & the slipper hasn't been adjusted from before the new fuel. The importer told me that this fuel had been tested & approved by Traxxas. Not sure what other countries the Redback (sports) nitro is sold in but so far I'm pretty happy with it & will stick with it.
    REVO 21tm grunt & JQ Products "The Car" GO NITRO

RC Champion
    looking forward to trying the VP fuels mentioned above.
    Tower sells it.

RC Qualifier
    VP is awesome. And just in case there are any seriously power hungry guys(or gals) who want a wicked fuel, VP also makes up to a 50% nitro content drag specific fuel.
    Joshua 24:15 Choose this day who ye will serve