RC Enthusiast

T-maxx won't restart after one start with fresh glow plug

Like the title states T-maxx won't restart after one start with fresh glow plug . I'm trying to start it for break-in process but it only starts on fresh glow plugs put in , after one start and it stalls it wont start on that same new glow plug, Please help I need a solution to this except buying new plugs cause from where im from i have to order them online and i have to wait alot before i get it!!
    P.S i have a glow igniter , should i use that along with the ez-start? will it light the plug more if thats the problem?

RC Enthusiast
    Now i noticed when i take out the glow plug and spin the engine no fuel comes out from the engine head which used to happen before

RC Qualifier
    I would use a glow plug ignitor along with the EZ Start for sure.
    If your glow plug is saturated with fuel you can simply burn it off
    by placing it in the glow plug ignitor. Filament should have a bright orange glow.

You might consider discarding and replacing the glow plug after break in.
    Reason being any contaminants in the engine could be trapped in the glow plug.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    I think you're too rich, buddy. Lean your adjustments slightly, use a glow plug ignitor,
    keep plenty of fully chagred 7.2 batteries on hand to turn your engine over.
    If your engine suddenly freezes up while attempting to start, its probably a hydro lock issue.
    remove your glow plug, turn the truck upside down to empty remaining fuel in the combustion chamber
    reinsert the glow plug and try again

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks trout I'll give it a try with my ignitor! (y)

RC Enthusiast
    Trout the igniter works 100% thanks alot , i did 4 tans of break-in today but ignitor died so i need to charge and wait to finish up tomorrow . though through my tank 4 my tmaxx was stalls at full throttle , then i fixed it alittle bit by richening the HSN it worked i think but tmaxx "stutters" or hesitates at the shifting i guess to the second gear is this normal?

RC Qualifier
    You have the right idea. Adjust the HSN first, then the LSN.
    Acceleration between 1st and 2nd gear should be smooth once your adjustments
    are good.
    You'll need to dial in your LSN using the fuel line
    pinch test. Engine should stall between 2-3 seconds.
    Then adjust your idle to it's lowest setting without stalling.
    That should clear up your low end bog.

One final note, tune with less than half tank of fuel.
    Not sure if thats mentioned in the Traxxas manual.
    Last edited by NitroTrout; 09-25-2012 at 01:37 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    why less than half tank of fuel though? i tried tuning with full tank yesterday the LSN worked perfectly i got more throttle response but the HSN is soo confusing its soo hard to say if i reached my maximum lean or not . And by the way I STILL CANT GET IT TO WHEELIE!!!! i have the old .15 pro wheels on and .15pro suspension system cuz it was a .15pro but i put in 3.3 engine tranny and chassis. I tried adjusting the slipper tighter still no dice, I still have hope in tuning it better though

Quote Originally Posted by Darrk06 View Post
    why less than half tank of fuel though? i tried tuning with full tank yesterday the LSN worked perfectly i got more throttle response but the HSN is soo confusing its soo hard to say if i reached my maximum lean or not . And by the way I STILL CANT GET IT TO WHEELIE!!!! i have the old .15 pro wheels on and .15pro suspension system cuz it was a .15pro but i put in 3.3 engine tranny and chassis. I tried adjusting the slipper tighter still no dice, I still have hope in tuning it better though
    The Engine will lean up as the tank reaches under 1/2 a tank due to the fact the fuel level when full is higher than the carb... This is why many people go to lower profile tanks such as the OFNA Violater, which will still lean up just not as drastically...

So you are better off tuning at 1/2 a tank so it does not lean up too much and overheat.... Better to be a tad on the rich side with a full tank... Try going over this tuning sticky, it might help...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread....&goto=newpost

Also if your rear shocks are set soft your truck is going to squat and not wheely... Either go with some more firm springs or just to confirm what I'm saying you can put some preload spacers on the rear shocks,,, but they really are for fine tuning your ride height....
    Last edited by Double G; 10-09-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: The old man needs a little help
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous