RC Racer

Smile KB rally first run

well i had my KB out at work during break and some headstrong sergeant got onto me for playing in the parking lot with it poo on him lol. and then i went through 3 3s lipos and the battery that came with it and shortly found out that the lipos are alot easier to drift with but you gotta be alot easier on the throttle and i hit something in the road that sent my rally end over end ripping off part of the front bumper already. also since i didnt wanna mess up my KB body ive been running topless and i was wondering what yall thought of aluminum body posts and aluminum skid plates to protect the bottom not so much to protect from crashes into walls and such but to protect the bottom from small rocks and "take off squat". any info would be greatly appreciated and thank you

-Cody

P.S. even with all my crashes the bumper was the only thing to break other than the body posts getting shaved a little bit didnt even bust an a-arm and i did a few cartwheels and a couple at higher speeds and i slide sideways into where the pavement changed to a different type and there was a lip.
    Last edited by cmdrcdy; 09-21-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: forgot some details

RC Qualifier
    The KB is a lot of fun! So far I haven't broken anything on mine (probably 12-15 runs on it) but it is really bad about hitting little rocks and flying off course since it's so low. Even if your area looks clean, the KB will find something to hit!

I was running with a buddy and my KB hit a Slash 4x4 head on at about 30 MPH each with no ill effects to either (the Slash basically used the KB as a ramp!)
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Qualifier
    I personally wouldnt get aluminum body posts for the simple fact that the aluminum will bend, and will transfer the shock to a plastic part causing that to fail. the only aluminum i have on my Boss 302 is the axle carriers. went with stainless steel toe and pushrods. Thats just my .02, and i'm sure some will disagree
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Racer
    Well the only reason I asked is cause I wanna keep my KB body nice since traxxas stopped making em and I'm going with a camaro body to bash with and since right now I seem to be flipping a lot I thought the aluminum ones wouldn't grind down as quick since I'm already ground down past the first whole. That's partly cause I tried softer tires at first and flipped a lot and my area isn't the smoothest in the world. I do plan on upgrading the carriers especially now since I lost one of the pieces that clip into the whole that the swing arm is attached to but was thinking rpm up front and something like golden horizons aluminum in back.

RC Qualifier
    Well 1st off cmdrcdy (love the name.....drive me to drink'n if you don't stop drive'n that hotrod Lincoln) THANK YOU for your service!!!! The aluminum body posts will grind down too, and bend/break.....so my suggestion is to keep the body posts stock. Check out T-Bone for skids...great people and super customer service!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Racer
    Thank you. Your welcome. thats what i ended up doing i got a new set sitting on my coffee table waiting to go in until i get my new body done.