RC Racer

castle mamba max pro combo installed, now throttle is reversed with traxxas TQi

I tried reversing throttle on TQi remote, but that did not work, figured its for nitro engine throttle servo. Installed nuecastle mmp sct 2700k, currently on 2s, have to get it running in right direction before i try 4s. I would greatly appreciate any info.
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No need to reverse the channel, just switch the wires to the motor on the Esc.

RC Racer
    that, or if you get the castle field programmer or link then you can reverse with the firmware on your computer.

RC Racer
    which ones, not sure if to just swap red and black (which I assume is positive or negative) or is white one involved
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It doesn't matter they don't have an specific order.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandine Motorsports View Post
    which ones, not sure if to just swap red and black (which I assume is positive or negative) or is white one involved
    Not positive and negative, just phases of the motor. Switching any two wires reverses the motor direction. I'd strongly suggest doing the hardware switch rather than reversing the motor via a Tx or ESC programming.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Will do that, but as I am curious why do you recommend to switch it manually and not with a tx or esc program, is better to be "hardwired?"
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

U can see the orientation on the speed control.. It goes ABC on the ESC, and connects to the motors ABC. ON the motor is ABC from left to right, as ud expect. On a ESC, its typically CBA... Ul need to switch around the two outter wires.....

With the castle system, it shows the red white and black... Look for pics online of it installed, and ul see.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

I always use Castle Link to change the direction of hte motor if needed. It drives me nuts when the wire colors dont match up.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Quote Originally Posted by Sandine Motorsports View Post
    Will do that, but as I am curious why do you recommend to switch it manually and not with a tx or esc program, is better to be "hardwired?"
    I've had to explain to many people why their new high powered Castle system is slower than the original. Well it's because they have their reverse power set at the default 50% in the ESC. This is something you cannot change without CastleLink.
    Also, it's harder to remember where you reversed the motor direction - ESC or Tx - when you can't see it. I look at my wires and I know immediately what I did.
    Next, every once in a while a Tx has been known to hiccup and run back to momma. Or you may need to return an ESC or Tx to factory settings. switching wires obviates the need to repeat your programming work.
    But finally and most importantly, mismatched wires drive my comrade Dadx2mj nuts.

The other ways work too. The method I choose is simply faster, easier, cheaper, and more permanent. Still, all those don't always count for much.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-20-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    really, if you switch by link, it can make it slower if you don't change the reverse? Never knew that. Good thing I switched the wires lol. I have the field/link too, the sad thing is I changed some things on it but at that moment I was just to lazy to switch the direction then switch the wires. Sad I know.

Anytime I make any changes with Castle Link I always reprogram the ESC to the radio. Doing this I have never had any issues reversing motor rotation. Just a good habit to reprogram to ESC every so often and especially after making any changes to the ESC.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power