RC Competitor

Is there any comparison between the Xo1 and Nitro 4tec 3.3??

i have a Xo1 and ever since i have opened it my nitro 4 tec has just been sitting on the sideline and im just wondering is there anything that the nitro 4 tec 3.3 has that the Xo1 doesnt have in performance i know this might seem silly to ask but i am thinking of selling my nitro 4 tec because i just feel the Xo just beats it in every way please let me know some opinions thanks

RC Qualifier
    I've got the Nitro 4tec as well and you're pretty much just wasting your time trying to get it to go faster. You would need to rework the engine (port/polish), increase compression, add a better exhaust, run 30+% nitro, and modify gearing. With all this done you'd be lucky to hit in the mid 80's after you get it tuned properly.

Mine clocks 64-65mph via radar gun and it's good enough for what it is. Additional tuning would yield higher speeds but after getting the XO1 I don't care about 5mph. I thought about reworking mine as well... but at the end of the day it's just not worth the time to mess with in my opinion. You'll also find that the aftermarket support for this vehicle is pretty much non-existent.
    Last edited by AnthonyV; 09-18-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Competitor
    Sell the nitro 4tec. The XO-1 outshines it in every dept.

RC Enthusiast
    What a lot of people are forgetting is that you are comparing apples to oranges. Has far as performance goes, yes the xo-1 has the 4-tec beat. Most brushless cars will do that. But what you do have is a 1/10 nitro car that is great in its class. Xo-1 are big and require a lot of room to run. 4-Tec can be easily driven on a street or track. The 3.3 is a heck of a motor and with proper tuning can "corner like it is on rails". I use to race my 2.5 all the time and did pretty good with it. You also have the sound and smell of nitro if you like it. As fast as electrics are today, there is nothing like pulling the trigger on a nitro and hearing the engine rev up. I have seen them hit in the high 80's. the decision is what YOU like. Me personally, I like electric over nitro but I still hang on to my 4-tec for so good fun track racing. And yes i do have both.

RC Enthusiast
    It's not easy to go really fast with nitro but it's worth the work put in when it does happen.
    Stock though the Xo-1 definitely takes the cake.

RC Competitor
    yea in my opinion the xo1 is much better control and easier to steer properly the nitro 4 tec is more difficult to control just my opinion i love the xo1 its just alot smoother and even though its way faster than the 4tec it seems to have control no matter the speed its going thank you for all your comments ill probably just keep it as a collector i do love the sound of that engine but i dont think i would get much for it anyway i know nitro is a dying breed