RC Racer

Now im getting mad!!

After doin all the upgrades n mods and replaced esc that traxxas shortened the leads on for me i ran it two times with great temps now just a minute ago had my two traxxas 6400 packs charged up and was planning to go to local lake(its .15 miles down road) for a nice run after work. I decide to plug in packs to boat here at home just to be sure the radio was responding cuz i switched double aa's and POOF!!!!! Some inside the esc blew and smoked rite out instantly as i pluged in the second pack. REALLY???? Do i call traxxas again or ccreations or just say fudge it n get the 4082?? Did anyone every have the esc itself blow not the caps?
    Last edited by Double G; 09-20-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: language

RC Qualifier
    The failure you describe is not common, less so with the new Castle ESC, but failures at initial power up have been reported in the past.
    hog

RC Racer
    i called traxxas support, they seemed almost dissappointed in it, or like they get this call everyday,lol. They told me send it in theyll get it right. All i know is when i get it back itll sit on bench till its sold,lol. 4082 here i come!!!

RC Competitor
    hi welcome to the club my spartan never run on 6s on first run i sent it into traxxas and it was fixed on first run it blew then it took me 3 months and 1 week before i got my castle esc back from traxxas its now in the shed i switched over to the seaking 180amp esc with no problems next will be the motor once i burn it out only a matter of time traxxas really need to sort this problem out because every spartan owner has some problem and it affects there reputation i own many traxxas trucks and no problems with them only the spartan electrics why?

RC Racer
    i hear ya, very disappointing you cant recommend the same boat your driving to someone else unless you dont like em. but like you said on the other hand my mini revo is my old faithful for local bmx bash spot. other than occasional stock turnbuckles from balls popping out i havnt replaced anything in over a year of bashing every weekend!!

RC Qualifier
    that sucks! The initial power up failures shouldnt be happening, ridiculous! I guess in a way its better than it failing during a run, since you can immediately unplug the batteries and avoid the smoke and cap leak damage....but still!