RC poster

Question Getting a new EMAXX! couple of questions! TY FOR THE HELP! :]

So. here i am i have multiple rc cars, 2 hpi blitz, 2 e-rustlers, 2wd E-Stampede, and a GS Racing Storm nitro 4wd buggy! i have been looking and looking for a new car to have some fun with and the e-maxx caught me! i was looking at a brushed version on towerhobbies.com runs about $450. im sure that would be enough to get me going, i do have a 5700kv SV2 set up in my blitz for racing it absolutely is a must have, with the emaxx being brushed i was wondering about upgrading it to a brushless set up. i've seen people with 2 brushless motors and so on i thought dual brushless was a unnecessary. maybe im wrong. lets see if i could get some help from all you emaxx owners. dual brushless ? single brushless? brushed? any precautions? any MUST UPGRADE Parts?

Thank you for you time! Hope to get enough confidence to get one!

RC Champion
    must upgrades. In a big crash or heavy bottom out, the chassis could snap where it connects to the front and rear bulkheads. 2 ways to fix this is, 11) use an Aluminum chassis and aluminum bulkheads and 2) aluminum bulkheads, aluminum chassis braces and alumnium skidplates. This should rememdy that problem.

Most people add RPM A-Arms right off the bat. Its a heavy vehicle and one good smack will leave you limping back to the garage. If you run with the body off and flip it, You're gonna need new shock towers....If you're smart and dont do that, you wont need new shock towers...I was not so smart, now I am!! LOL!

There are a multitude of Motor/ESC combos on the market in the 150-200$ range that work nice in the E-Maxx, I dont think you will need dual brushless motors. Heck for that price, you can just get the Castle MONSTER MAMBA system and be happy. But thats another 250$.

The titan motors do leave a bit to be desired but will give you ample speed for as big as the vehicle is. I personally made a motor plate and added a 775 motor and love it...personal preference.

I suppose you have to ask yourself, "What do I want this thing to do"...pick a heading and "Engage"

Tons of options, Tons of Opinions and Tons of solutions.

RC Champion
    IMO there is no need for dual BL motors. If you go BL there is plenty of motor/ESC/battery/gearing option for you to spin the wheels off.

Now if its low end torque you want then either the 775 or DeWalt motor conversions are nice. I've done the DeWalt mod and love it.

RC Competitor
    The dual brushless setups are usually the Traxxas velineon vxl setups, the reason for 2 of them is because 1 motor isn't ample enough to move the Emaxx efficiently. But a single proper sized brushless motor will be plenty.
    I personally don't upgrade till a stock part breaks, and so far everythings held together, aside from the blown shock caps.
    RPM tru-tracks, wear plates are usually a good start. And if your definitely going to upgrade to brushless, some 17mm hex adapters/wheels.
    This thing is heavy, so depending on what your doing beefier springs may be a consideration.

RC poster
    Thanks dude! def gunna get a brushless set up. single motor! but which one should i get? im looking at getting the mamba max ones. what KV? and how about servos, are the stock ones good, like on my blitz out of the box the servo just wasnt powerful enough! thanks for all the help

RC Champion
    i'm not sure if i can link ebay stuff but if you search ebay for emaxx shocks, they look pretty cool. sold by RCbest or best8889
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Champion
    Servos are fine. Some upgrade but there is no need in my opinion. If you upgrade you should know that the traxxas 2075 servo is 125 oz of torque at 6v. there are 2 on the car. wanna go up from there? there are plenty out there to do it. Only thing is the 2075 servo has plastic gears. Unless you take a hammer to them, you'll be fine.

I think the Mamba Max is a 1/10 scale while the Mamba Monster is what Traxxas puts on the E-Maxx and E-Revo brushless.

KV on the brushless. The Castle creations Mamba Monster esc and motor is a 2200KV motor and I think the ESC is 120A and 6s lipo configerations; Capable of destroying any need for "More power"!!! Since you asked about that , thought I would help out with some specs. Others out there are the EZRUN, XERun, Tekin, kershaw, losi, TACON, NOVAK, LRP......the list goes on and on.
    Last edited by Redsawacs; 09-21-2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: brand name tripped language filter

RC poster
    thanks! what do you think should i got aluminum all around. some aluminum some plastic, or all plastic RPM? and also anyone know if a company sells a full aluminum conversion?

RC Champion
    up to you to make that decision....but......Plastic flexes back and forth and absorbs energy. Aluminum flexes back only...and transfers energy.

RC Champion
    If you are goin to race, i would recommend the Tekin RX8 and T8, best racing system out there, but if you are just going to bash, the MMM is plenty, if you only want 4s, you can use a MMP (momba max pro) ESC. Or you would be compleatly satified with a Hobbywing combo I think. Waterproof, and almost as powerful as the MMM for half the price.

THe general rule is aluminum on the insides and RPM on the outsides. Aluminum core of chasis, bulks, chasis braces, shock towers, axle carriers, skid plates. RPM arms, true track??, and wear plates over the skids.

For shocks, big bores are the low end upgrades, if you blow them, get Ofna or UE super shocks. Usually dogbones in the center and stock shafts on the outsides. LOsi LST diffs or UE diffs.

However these are for 4s+ brushless, and mostly 6s brushless. This is an exelent thread with pretty much every upgrade option tested. It is long, but well worth the time to read:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ics-and-lists)
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0