Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Racer
    .just checked back and realized my post never published from my tablet until just checking. Let me know if you still want those connectors thoigh. Just pm me.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by ik632 View Post
    .just checked back and realized my post never published from my tablet until just checking. Let me know if you still want those connectors thoigh. Just pm me.
    Kewl man. I'll PM ya. Maybe I can return the favor some day.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

What's been going on........here"s whats been going on!!!! LOL

I know I havent posted anything up in a while. I've been working on the car here and there. Don't let the tires fool you, they actually have a little bit of toe-in and not toe-out like the deceitful pictures entail. I still have a little bit of modding on the camber and steering. I need to yank out my gauges to get everything as close as I can.

As you can tell I have the 2.8 Dirt Hawgs on Rulux mounted. I really love this tread pattern and the wheels to match. I also dropped the shock springs to get the car lower. Man those Ten-T's are plush riding. They eat up bumps like there's no tomorrow.

Here is a top view of the truck.

Ooooh...lala. I braided & shrink wrapped the wires. Yummy stuff!!

Rear end/ gearcase view.

Just enough blue & red to balance it out. Nothing to oddball.

I got all the electrics binded, Link updated, Tx pack charged and now I'm good to go. I had a few hickups with the TQi, link, & ET-3S, but I got it all worked out. I ran the car for about 20 mins with 20/54 32p gearing. It has a nice feel and running in the 40-45 range. I'm not for sure just guestimating (not open for debate). I'll GPS it some time in the future. I'm not here for speeds, so dont start it. With this gearing the motor got barely warm. Man that motor has a quick feel to it, very punchy. I can only Imagine how a big block would feel there.

I have shots of the body. I'll leave it up to your imagination for a little bit. I promised a friend i'd send him the link before I post them. I also did a youtube vid that will be coming up shortly to. It'll be one that goes over the car a little bit.

Other than that If you have any questions let me know. Maybe the vid will have what you are looking for. I tried to be strait forward on it. LOL

Just a little teaser. The body is gorgeous, well for me it is. Hope yall will like to.

Again,,,,,,Thanks for looking and the rest is coming soon.................
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

You made me really curious about how the body looks. It probably will go perfect with the rest of the car, knowing the quality of your builds.
    Just got the T-bone bumber/wheelie bar in the mail. I will test it later on.

Don't wait too long with those pics of the body
    Nobody is born with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    You made me really curious about how the body looks. It probably will go perfect with the rest of the car, knowing the quality of your builds.
    Just got the T-bone bumber/wheelie bar in the mail. I will test it later on.

Don't wait too long with those pics of the body
    Curiosity can be killer. LOL

The T-Bone wheelie bar is nice, I think it has a little to much flex for my taste. I won't change everything out to it by no means. I still prefer my swami. It's mainly there to keep the car down if I get trigger happy. Which it can do if I want it to.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Man, those tires look SICK. I have always wanted to get a set but I just can't get past using anything other that my trusty Gladiators, they have never failed me and they hook up literally on anything. I think my next set will be a set of those Dirt Hawgs. I got a rustler build coming up here soon. Building a second one since I love my rusty to death and never fails me. Got about 7 packages I'm waiting on for the rusy and a combination of some stuff I have here as well, shipping is slow to me in Canada

I got that BullDog body for the rusty in yesterday. It will go on this build. Most likely wont use the Wing it came with as they break right away, I'll mount my own with a PL or CRT.5 wing
    Last edited by Stephan81; 10-20-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

Here goes the painted JConcepts Raptor body.......in......Y E L L O W !!!!

Here is the long awaited JConcepts Raptor body in yellow. I think it came out great, something bright and different. Not sure this is something ya'll were expecting or not. LOL

Below is a little youtube vid I did on the truck. Don't get to excited as noted in the vid you won't see this all to often. LOL I talk to vendors all day at work so that's enough for me. Oh and I have no "southern accent" in anyway. hahahaha Hope you enjoy it...this vid was done with my Samsung GS III, not bad done at night at the end of my driveway.

Who know's that could be the start of something.

Thanks for looking and a few more tweaks along the way.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    DiggerPede, the yellow is HOT looking! Nice job with the build. I'm all about wide modded and protrac'ed bandits and rustlers. Lol, you're funny too, yeah, I'd love a 100mph rustler, but after bashing a pede for a while now, I'd like to make a bandit or rustler that's a good street basher with good offroading built into the setup. Love the yellow tho man. Nice parts selection too. that 4000 kv motor sounded a bit notchy during the vid, I like that!

Thanks my friend. It looks 10x better in person. My little girl can't keep her eyes off it, so funny.

I'm impressed with that motor & ESC setup. Its perfect for me. I ran it for over 30 minutes and it was just warm. The motor has a very strong click to it. Nothing like the 1415 we have. Those little motors are cheap on eBay, $50. Take off is a bit laggy, once it gets going it purrs like a kitten.

I took it out after work today and had a blast. The wide stance is simply amazing & corners like its on rails. The suspension ate up everything I threw at it.

Anyways I'm whooped. Work comes early & the bed is calling.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Are u kidding me????? THIS THING LOOKS AWWEESSSOME! Man this thing came together real nice... WOW! I LOOOOOOOVEE it. Especially that first pic, of it from the front end, just looks like a mean bad Desert runner. WOW!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

This is a good example of how a simple plain color, with just a few decals can just look darn good.
    I had the same with my body when I painted it just red. It looked way better than I ever expected.

For some reason I was expecting something with red or blue, but this goes perfect with the rest.

Well done!
    Nobody is born with experience.

Thanks guys for the support!! Not near the responses over here as in the other sections. Must be some sneaky ninjas over here. LOL I kinda wanted to keep the body color a secret, that's why I waited till the end. It's simple yet eye popping. Like Peter said; the simplest of colors sometimes look great. I have to agree.

For some odd reason I don't really hear the 32p gearing it's actually kind of quiet. Not like when I ran it on my Digger way way long time ago. Maybe I'm meshing better than when I was a newb noob. LOL

I've glued a bunch of tires but those Rulux arent the easiest. I don't know if it was the dirt hawgs in conjunction with them, or not. Heard i'm not the only one that's had a hard time. I mean they arent bad looking, they just werent the easiest to slip the bead in there.

I got to tell you guys something funny. Start off with yesterday. My wife told me, the little guy had been waiting all day to run cars and he talked and talked and talked about it when daddy gets off we are going to go drive them. He's always super excited to do this. We have a blast. Anyways this morning about 4:30a he comes in the room and asks Daddy are you going to charge the batteries at work and when you get home are you going to drive your 2 trucks and i'm going to drive mine to. I'm half a sleep/ or awake, and said yes little buddy. He gets excited and goes tell mamma. Crazy stuff man. I'm not sure how many of you guys have kids yet, they are totally fun. I wish we didnt wait as long as we did, but everything is for a reason. There's nothing like having that love and companionship with them.

I want to thank my buddy's Oaks, Loot, Peterje, & Stephan81!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore