Thread: Integy springs

RC Enthusiast

Integy springs

So i have been looking around for a spring set for my rustler and I found the integy msr9 spring kit
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTYD2&P=7
    Has anyone used these with ultra shocks? according to tower they seem to be the right length I just don't know about the width of these. I know many people use the losi springs but I'd just prefer not having to use pre-load spacers to make up for the shorter spring. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if these fit on the ultra shocks. My math seems to say so but i just want to make sure.

RC Champion
    ONLY Integy springs I use were the T8088 and T8087 they are actually quality made parts BUT they are mostly for bashing they are stiff and full length. I have the red on my basher and sometimes run red front and black rear. . The orange ones are just WAY TO STIFF !

Now if you get into fine tuning for racing then I would get the Losi springs.

just my $.02
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Enthusiast
    Did those fit onto normal ultra shocks?
    also Im wondering if anyone has tried the losi 22 springs or is it only the older springs that fit?
    Last edited by Thebig131; 10-19-2012 at 12:40 AM.

RC Champion
    They work great on Ultras.

The losi ones I use are the 2.0(Front) and 2.5(Rear) length I can't remember the part number but there light blue is there stiffest but is a wonderful spring for our trucks for tuning. If you use it to hit big basher jumps your going to get a ton of belly slap. I have about 3-4 colors from Blue down and somewhere in there the stock whites are about the same as well. I don't have that spring chart stickied but a user on here Mr.Wolf did an awesome spring rate chart comparison.

Play with your oil weights as well. I use 45wt in both mine.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Champion
    The Integy's you posted fit ultra shocks fine. I'm running a set now.
    Wide Rustler | "Bulldog" Backslash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    ok thanks guys I think I'm going to get the integy spring kit because as of know i bash more often then i race. But i will slowly add losi springs to my collection
    Frankin Rustler
    E-4tec
    Ofna LX-1

RC Champion
    please jut make sure you get the T8088 and 8087 they are way better quality then the ones you posted. thicker gauge metal.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Racer X View Post
    Now if you get into fine tuning for racing then I would get the Losi springs.
    I'd go with Losi even for bashing, you might as well have a great handling basher than a super stiff jacked up ill-handling ride...

I also vote for Losi. Are the Integy springs so cheap that buying them makes sense?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    The integy springs are super cheap. $8 per set of 3. Still worth it for bashing though. Can never have enough springs
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Enthusiast
    Well alot of it is the fact that my lhs doesn't stock losi, but they do have the integy spring kit. So im going to spend the 8 bucks to get the integy because I need new springs to get my car going because somehow all of my other springs are bent and ride on the shock body. but i figure anything is better than 8 year old springs that were always compressed
    Frankin Rustler
    E-4tec
    Ofna LX-1

RC Enthusiast
    So I went to get the integy springs... and of course they didn't have them... So i went to the lhs that is further down the street and found they carry losi parts so now I have a 2.5" 3.4 lb its all they had atm
    Frankin Rustler
    E-4tec
    Ofna LX-1

RC Champion
    Well done Most LHS can order what you want just takes awhile And they don't charge shipping hehe
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*