RC Racer

very bad tire wabble.....

so my new tires wobble something awful! I thought I read that I could unglue them and reglue them but I'm not sure.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 04zrx View Post
    so my new tires wobble something awful! I thought I read that I could unglue them and reglue them but I'm not sure.
    Yes indeed you can..just boil them till the glue becomes goo and you can pull the tires off then u reglue them.... Blocks are wicked just unscrew em

RC Qualifier
    i would 1)search cuz this is unfortunately very common for the summit hexes (but also fixable!) and 2) try to determine if it is something to do with the actual tire or if it’s the hexes… I’d hate for you to glue and unglue when that’s not the root of the problem. ….i’d hate to think that if it is the hexes, they would be that bad on a new truck (call support?)…

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Is it new?

My Summit wobbled like crazy until I drove a few packs through it. I think the foams are not set properly... I believe they are just stuffed in there and glued up; driving it helps seat them in place.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Yeah driving certainly helps break in the new tires! They wobbled HORRIBLY I was so upset, but after about 45 minutes of driving, turning, crawling, going fast... they were great! The HEX wobble is noticeably when the car is stationary, just... try to rock the wheels, if they move easily find out where their weak point is and go from there! =)

RC Racer
    what are the "hexes" the lugnuts? I'll drive it a bit more and see if it improves, the Summit is new.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    For some reason, I could only find green ones at BuyTraxxas...

Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 04zrx View Post
    what are the "hexes" the lugnuts? I'll drive it a bit more and see if it improves, the Summit is new.
    The hex wobble is due to wear. It will not have occurred yet.
    Squished foams is the most likely culprit in your case. This is mostly due to the way the Summit is boxed.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    It's also a good practice to keep the vehicle off the wheels when not driving it. Keeps flat spots to a minimum.

RC Stand build thread here.

X1^
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Squished foams is the most likely culprit in your case. This is mostly due to the way the Summit is boxed.
    Last edited by BAD RC; 09-20-2012 at 12:16 PM.

RC Qualifier
    If the wobble is due to a flat spot in your foams, once you get it worked out you can set your Summit on a coffee can until you get a dedicated stand made (if you do desire)

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    The hex wobble is due to wear. It will not have occurred yet.
    not sure id agree... i have brand new (red) hexes and i have one wheels that wobbles like crazy and other thats 'normal' lol

RC Qualifier
    +1 on keeping the truck suspended while not being used. I realize it's new but you have to remember in was stored in a box and warehouse before you got it.

Drive it to work out any of the foam issues and store in so the tires are not touching. I took an old 4x4 and cut it about 12” long and then screwed a piece of 2x6 about 6” going the other direction …..to give it more height and to widen the base and make it more stable. You can also buy stands or make them from PVC of anything you have handy. Just let the suspension hang.

Just my 2 cents.
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

RC Qualifier
    If you only have one or two wheels that are wobbling, put one that is wobbling on a corner that is NOT wobbling. Drive it and see if it still wobbles. If it does, its the wheel if it doesnt it could be the hex.....at least start there.
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    not sure id agree... i have brand new (red) hexes and i have one wheels that wobbles like crazy and other thats 'normal' lol
    Well that's okay. However, hex slop right out of the box is NOT a common problem as you stated in post number 3. It is a much more common complaint after a good bit of use. Since only one of your own hexes wobbles, I'd also not attribute that to the common wheel slop issue, since that would affect all of the wheels equally. You may have a problem with the hex's manufacture or installation, also not common complaints.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    great info guys I'll build a stand for it and I'll check and see if the wobble is in the tires or the hexes. Great info here guys thanks again.